Chapter 19

Anthony's p.o.v

I felt so bad for Mari. The two guys I thought were my friends raped her, and she felt so exposed now. We were hanging out at her place, and I was rubbing her foot since she got the cast off.

"How's your foot feeling?", I asked. "It's fine", she uttered.
She started tearing, and I'm guessing she was thinking about what happened again. I took my thumb, and gently wiped the strolling tear off her cheek. I kissed her forehead. I looked at my phone- 6:41 pm. "Do you want me to make something for you sweetie?". "That would be good", she smiled. She leaned in to kiss me, and I kissed back. I got up, and got out a pot to cook some linguini.

Mari's p.o.v

Anthony and I were eating the pasta he made. My foot still hurt, but I was fighting the pain for him. Anthony wouldn't want me to cry. "This is good!", I said smiling. "Thanks", he said back softly.

After dinner, we lay down in bed, and cuddled for a long time. "I love you Anthony Padilla", I whispered. "I love you too", he whispered back to me in my ear. He pulled me closer, and wrapped his arm around my waist.

I sat up in my bed, but no Anthony. I got my phone, and went to his name on my contacts. I called him, and the phone started ringing. "Hey this is Anthony", the phone played. "Sorry I couldn't get your call, bye!" He declined my call. I hope to god he's okay.