【Chapter 23】

Y/N smiled and nodded, walking in-step with Weiming. She had asked Weiming about what the date would be, but he was quite tight-lipped about the details. They walked for a while until they got to the park where she saw a blanket laid out with an assortment of snacks and pastries. 

"Is this our date?" She asked. He nodded and she grabbed him by the hand and ran over to the picnic, ushering him to sit down so they could eat. 

He laughed at her enthusiasm and complied quite quickly. They chatted as they ate and enjoyed their time together. Y/N noticed he had something else in the basket, but Weiming seemed to be avoiding it. She leaned over to grab the item, but Weiming had quickly grabbed it from her and hid it behind his back. 

"What is it?" She laughed. He blushed and shook his head, telling her to close her eyes. Doing as asked, she momentarily felt a coldness on her neck. Reaching up, she felt a chain and a charm. She opened her eyes to look down and see a small heart on a silver chain. 

"Thank you Wei. It's lovely," she said, kissing his cheek as a thanks. After hanging out for a little longer, they packed up and began their walk back in the direction of Y/N's house. Once home, Y/N thanked him for the date and hugged him tightly before heading inside. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward a few weeks, Y/N was out getting groceries for her parents when she got a call. 

"Kefei? Why's he calling me?" Y/N mumbled. He rarely called her, having her number mainly for emergencies or if Weiming needed to call her from someone else's phone. She picked up, noticing first that he was out of breath. 

"Y/N come to **** Hospital now please! I-It's Captain!" Was all he said before hanging up. Y/N immediately put her groceries down, running out of the store and in the direction of the mentioned hospital. Luckily for her it was nearby. 

She ran through the hospital entrance, scanning her eyes for the tennis team, seeing a pacing Kefei near the front desk. "Kefei! I'm here. What's wrong with Ziping?" He had a downcast look but had brought Y/N to a room. 

Inside was the rest of the Yu Feng team and on the hospital bed was Ziping. Instinct kicked in as Y/N rushed over to his bedside, holding onto his hand. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?" 

"I'm as okay as I can be right now," Ziping weakly laughed. "During my match, the guy I was playing had aimed for my knee." 

While Y/N was talking with Ziping and caring for him after having called Xingzi, Weiming was burning with insecurity. He was happy with their date, but he wasn't sure if she actually liked him. Seeing her with his captain, he could see they would be cute together if they actually went out together. He was conflicted, but he didn't want to sit on it and let it tear him from the inside. 

After Xingzi arrived, Y/N had backed off and let the siblings have their time together. Realizing that she hadn't informed her parents about her being out, or that she wasn't heading home with groceries at the moment, she stepped out to call them. Weiming took this opportunity to get some clarity, following her outside. He stood at a distance, letting her finish her call before approaching her. 

"Hey Y/N," Weiming greeted. She jumped at his presence, but smiled and nodded back at him in greeting. 

"What's up?" She smiled. He clenched his fists, trying to stop them from shaking, and took a deep breath before nodding. 

"Do you... like Ziping?" He asked. She tilted her head in confusion but nodded. 

"Yeah he's like an older brother to me. Why?" Well he felt stupid now for assuming but he might as well ask while he still was running on adrenaline. 

"No reason, but do you have a crush on anyone?" She was shocked he was that blind but nodded, "Do I know them?" 

She smiled and shrugged, walking off without giving him much of an answer.