Chapter 5

hidden

Just like how the full moon appeared beneath the foggy clouds I met his grey eyes, the yellow hue hovering above the side of his face. I pursed my lips.

"W-What's happening?" I mumbled, still locking with his eyes...

His face didn't hold any emotions he just stared down at me. He placed his other hand on the wall.

"Fleur, you should go and rest. I'll walk Romia back to the room,"

He said before closing the door and leaving a little space, I gulped and stepped back as he marched forward to me.

"What was that?"

I asked again but instead of answering he took my candle and walked past by me. I sigh. I felt his cold hand on my wrist pulling me with him.

"You shouldn't be in here,"

We walked down the spiral staircase but I still can't get the words I just heard out of my mind.

"What did Grandma meant by that?"

I tried to catch his attention but it only causes for him to walk faster. I gasped.

"Nikolai?"

I can see how his jaw tighten while the light flickers in his face.

"You did not hear anything," He replied hardly.

We kept walking but I can't help but to think about their conversation. About who? Are they talking about me. He pulled me until we set foot at the leaving room, I slowly pulled my arm.

"Nikolai, tell me the truth what was that about?"

He stopped, his chest went up and down.

"And what about it!?"

He faced me. His forhead formed some lines. He looks annoyed. My brows met and I bit my lip. I can feel my eyes starting to become watery.

"There's something I didn't know...what is it?"

I tried to ask again. Trying to hold myself.

"Let's just go back to the room,"

He tried to pull me again but I stayed in my position.

"There's something you're not telling me..."

He stared at me with his eyebrows met.

He inhaled looking up and exhaled. He let go of my hand and walked away from me. Creasing his nape.

I can feel my own heartbeat beating so fast. I exhaled and slowly walked up to him. Facing his back.

"What is it, Nikolai? Don't lie to me,"

He looked up again with both of his hands on his hips.

"What's the point? You wouldn't get it anyway,"

I sigh and placed my palm on his back.

"You said never keep secrets,"

He averted at my touch and faced me. My vision became blurry.

"Romia, you don't have to worry, okay? You don't have to think about it. Perhaps, let your mind be free from it. You didn't hear anything and you won't ask questions,"

My forehead throbbed in confusion. I shaked my head.

"Why won't you tell me?" I whispered.

He pinched the bridge on his nose and raked it up through his hair. The curly tangles landed on his forehead,

"Just...pls don't ask questions, it's for your own good."

He suddenly walked towards the door and opened it. I blinked and tried to follow him.

"Nikolai, let's just talk,"

The door banged at me when it closed. I heavily sigh following a tear falling down at my cheek. I reached for the door knob.

"Nikolai!"

I opened the door but I stopped at my track. He was nowhere to be seen. And only the cold night greeted me. I catched my breath. I closed my eyes as I can't stop my tears from falling.

It took me over, confusion held me. I want to know what we're they talking about. Is that the reason why Nikolai's been stressing lately.

Everything lately seems to be breaking into unfortunate events. I'm starting to feel scared of what might happen next.

"He's taking decisions,"

I opened my eyes and looked back. Grandma was standing while looking at me, with a candle in her hand and a scarf wrapped around her shoulder.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Everything must kept hidden until the time comes. I know that everything shall come back to you and you must be ready to take it all,"

I took a breath.

"I don't understand."

She sighs and walks towards me.

"You will..."

She traced her finger in my hair.

"Remember, it was for your own good. He didn't do it for his own. It was for you,"

Her eyes trails around my face, studying every part of it. She smiled bitterly.

"But you were never belong to him,"

I don't know but those words suddenly strike me. A tear lingers down my face. As much as I wanted to understand my mind kept blocking every words in my head.

She gently pulled me in her arms, suddenly a sob escaped form my mouth as I hid from her.

"You can't stay with him forever,"