Episode 5 - A misunderstood Heart

Hazel picked up her phone as she realized maybe she was wrong. Maybe Scott just wanted Anna's phone number and would ask her how to approach Anna. Maybe he realized how much Anna loves him and had started feeling the same for her. Maybe.. She decided to call Scott. She went through her contacts, and put him on call.

While Scott was thinking all about these, something he never imagined happened. Hazel was calling him!! Maybe she had called him mistakenly. But Scott did not care. It felt as if he was longing for decades to hear her sweet yet genuine voice. He accepted the call. There was a sweet mellow voice on the other side. It said, "Hello".. Scott felt captivated by the voice. It was as if he wanted to listen to that voice for infinity. He replied, "Hi! Hazel, don't take me wrong but I think I have to tell this to you before it's too late." A voice could be heard from the other end, "Yes? What  is  it?" Scott started, "This may sound too sudden and out of the blue but, actually I think I..." Hazel's voice could be heard, "I think I know what you want to say. I am so happy that you are actually admitting it." Scott's thoughts were cluttered for a moment. What is she saying? That means she knows, she knows how I feel about her? She does? And she called me herself.. does that mean she also feels the same for me? I feel like I'm the luckiest person on Earth.

Hazel's voice could be heard again, "I know that you have caught feelings for Anna too. And I am so happy that my words have moved you so much. Okay, I gotta go now. I have a lot of unfinished assignments to complete. Bye!"
Beep! She was gone

Scott was left speechless. What? Feelings for Anna? This was his first time feeling love for someone. How can she be so brutal with his heart? How? Scott felt helpless. He didn't know after this big misunderstanding how could he ever express his feelings to Hazel? He loved her so much. She meant the world to him.

Hazel was excited. She decided to tell Anna about her call with Scott on the next day's evening tuition. The next day at school was not much of a mess. Hazel managed to submit all her homeworks and do all her classworks of the day.
In the evening tution on that day, Hazel told her all about her call with Scott in one breath. How Scott wanted to tell her that he had caught feelings for Anna too. But to Hazel's utter surprise, Anna was not moved at all. Anna replied, "I think you are going wrong somewhere. If he would really change his mind, he would have told me at school. He wouldn't seem so eager to call you." Hazel had a faint feeling that Anna seemed sad. She asked her, "Even if I'm wrong, it doesn't mean he is not in love with you. But then, why do you seem to be sad?" Anna quickly wrapped up her emotions and replied, "Sad? Who says that I'm sad? You're thinking wrong again!" And she tried to laugh. Hazel still realized she was hiding something that she didn't want to tell to Hazel. However, Hazel did not realize much. She put on her soft smile.