Episode 8- Colliding Hearts

Scott was going to say something, when Hazel spoke, "You go partner up with Anna, your lifetime partner." Both Hazel and Noah chuckled. Scott said, "Oh well, if we're partners with our life partners then, I think Noah must just leave us alone." Noah felt a sharp pain somewhere in his heart. She did not expect it.

Anna remained a silent spectator. She looked at Scott who wanted to team with Hazel. She did not expect it to go this much in so less time. She felt her heart breaking into pieces and falling apart. At last, Hazel wanted to pair up with Noah, so Scott had to partner up with Anna. Anna utilized her chance. As Hazel came inside their court while speaking, "kabaddi, kabaddi, kabaddi, kaba..", she held his hand tightly. Hazel touched Smith on their team and was about to run, when Scott held her waist by both his hands not letting her go. The others also caught up with him quickly, not letting her escape. But Anna noticed the calm and innocent smile on Scott's face as he held Hazel close to his heart. It felt more like him hugging Hazel, than capturing her for the game. The irony of the moment left Anna too stunned to speak. It was unexpected.

The game continued. It ended with Anna's team winning the game. Noah and Hazel were returning to their classroom,  when Scott came up. He said, "Congrats my dear Hazel. It was a good game." Hazel spoke, "The game would be better if it were played without you." With each passing day, Scott's presence was making her exhausted and uncomfortable. She had probably started hating him.

Noah saw how Scott's facial expressions changed from anger to that of one in love as he captivated Hazel in his arms. Noah was assured, he was not the only one who was in love with Hazel. Scott was his rival in this game of love. But Noah was confident, that he won't loose the game. There was no way he could do so. He had never given his heart to anyone. But now, it echoed Hazel's name only and he can't just let her go. He can't just watch her go. He can't just do nothing and sit. He can't loose Hazel. Noah knew he had to express himself to Hazel as soon as possible. He was not going to give up even without trying first. He prepared himself for the acceptance and rejection from Hazel. It would definitely be worth giving a try. Cause in his deepest thoughts, he knew "Rejection is better than Regret." He firmly believed he could do it. After all, Hazel's expressions also synchronized her love for Noah.

Scott kept blushing all the way to home. It was a very different feeling. He felt embarrassed holding Hazel to his chest in front of everyone but somehow he still wanted to hold her, not letting her go. He felt it blissful holding her in his arms. He wished only if he could pause that moment forever. He would love to hold Hazel the same way for eternity. He realized how much he loved Hazel.