ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

The room echoed with the shattered pieces of my heart, each word a painful reminder of the trust broken, the love tainted

The room echoed with the shattered pieces of my heart, each word a painful reminder of the trust broken, the love tainted. "You li...ed to me," I managed to say, my voice a mere whisper, unable to bear the weight of the betrayal that cut deeper than any knife.

There she stood, her hand trembling by her side, tears cascading down her cheeks like a relentless storm. The sight of her pain tore through me, a relentless ache distressing at my insides.

"Bolo na, meri jaan," I pleaded, desperation lacing every every, but she remained silent, her silence a piercing echo of the lies that had torn us apart.

"You fucking lied to me!" I shouted, my voice echoing off the walls as I pushed her against the cold surface, my fists pounding against it in frustration. "Why? Why? Why?" I repeated, the questions pouring out amidst my sobs, my tears mingling with the pain in my heart.

"Listen, I..." she began, but her words trailed off into nothingness, leaving an unsettling silence between us.
I couldn't bear to look at her anymore, the pain too raw, too overwhelming to confront.

I retreated to the safety of the sofa, my head bowed in defeat, my hands trembling with the weight of all that had been lost. "So this was all a lie, wasn't it?" I whispered, the words barely audible amidst the piercing silence that engulfed us.

"Our first meeting, the replaced bride... it was all a lie, wasn't it?" I asked, my voice breaking with every word. "Why did you do this to me?" I pleaded, the desperation in my voice noticeable.

"Did you ever love me?" I asked, the words barely a whisper, but each word burdened with a pain that threatened to consume me whole. And then her gaze met mine, her eyes bloodshot with unshed tears, her pain mirroring my own.

"Yes, Arsh, I love you," she confessed, her voice hoarse with emotion, but her words fell on deaf ears, drowned out by the noise of doubt and betrayal that echoed within me.

"How can you love me when I am nothing but a murderer?" I scoffed bitterly, the weight of my own guilt suffocating me.

"You came here to destroy me, Aradhya, to shatter the trust I had placed in you," I accused, the bitterness of betrayal poisoning every word.

Do you want a divorce?" I asked, the words tasted like ash in my mouth. "Is that what you want, Aradhya?" I demanded, the bitterness of betrayal poisoning every word.

No, Arsh, I don't want a divorce," she protested emotionally her words echoing with a desperation that matched my own. "Aap aradhya aradhya kyu bol rahe hai Mai toh ?aapki Jaan hu na , Arsh, and I don't want to lose you."
("Why do you keep saying 'Aradhya'? I'm your life, Arsh, and I don't want to lose you.")

"You've already lost the essence of our bond," I replied, my voice barely a whisper, the pain of betrayal rendering me numb to her pleas. "You've made me doubt everything, even myself. How can we ever go back to what we were?"

You're not a murderer, Arsh. We have evidence now, evidence that proves your innocence," she insisted, her voice trembling with urgency as she sought to shatter the walls I had built around my shattered heart.

"You've lost faith in me, in us," she continued, her words a desperate plea for redemption . "But I'll fight for us, for our love, until my last breath."

"Aradhya, leave me alone," I whispered, the exhaustion of the emotional turmoil draining me of the strength to continue the charade of our shattered love.

"But, Arsh, I-" she began, but I cut her off with a wave of my hand, unable to bear the weight of her presence any longer.

"Please, just go," I begged, feeling drained by the pain.

"Alright," she whispered sadly, and walked away, leaving me with the broken pieces of our love that I thought could withstand anything.