ꜱᴀʀᴇᴇ

─── ๋࣭ ⭑🍒⚝ ──

तेरी नज़रों में है तेरे सपने
तेरे सपनों में है नाराज़ी
मुझे लगता है के बातें दिल की
होती लफ़्ज़ों की धोखेबाज़ी
तुम साथ हो या ना हो क्या फर्क है
बेदर्द थी ज़िन्दगी बेदर्द है
अगर तुम साथ हो
दिल ये संभल जाए
अगर तुम साथ हो
हर ग़म फिसल जाए

ENJOY YOUR READING

"Diya," someone exclaimed loudly

"Diya," someone exclaimed loudly. Now, who is this Diya man, I thought to myself.

"If Diya is here, then who is marrying Adarsh?" exclaimed an elderly lady. What on earth is happening here? The bride has changed, and I don't even know what she looks like or her name. So, who is behind this veil? With that thought, I decided to lift her veil.

And as I lifted her veil, I was met with the biggest shock of my life-it was that careless girl with the dangling earrings. Oh God, what did I do to deserve this? What misdeed did I commit in my past life for You to make me her husband? I had warned that whoever marries her would be crazy, but You made me the crazy one. I said to God in frustration.

But she didn't even lift her face to look at her husband.

"What are you doing there, Aradhya?" that Diya said. I suppose she's her sister, but where is she on her wedding day, and why has this girl with the dangling earrings taken her place at the mandap? Argh, my mind is a mess now.

"Ramesh, what kind of joke is this?" Dadaji asked Mr. Sharma.

"Sir, please forgive me," pleaded Mr. Sharma. Huh, he caused such a big commotion and now he's asking for forgiveness.

"Can you tell me why your younger daughter was at the wedding altar, and where your elder daughter is?" asked my father. Good question, Papa. For the first time, I feel a lot of affection towards you.

"Our elder daughter ran away before her wedding, and we had no idea about it at all. So, to save the honor of your house, we placed our younger daughter at the pavilion," said Mr. Sharma. Wow, they deserve applause. They've done such a noble deed without even informing us. I thought with sarcasm.

Mr. Sharma kept his gaze lowered. He's looking so downcast. I hope his head actually falls off.

Then, my grandfather turned towards Diya and that girl with the dangling earrings and asked Diya, "Beta, where were you? Why did you leave without informing anyone?" I'm also curious to know this. Good question, Dadaji.