HEY

I have been very very distant from this account and all of my books but there's a very good reason as to why.

I PUBLISHED TWO BOOKS.

Now, they're both self published but i still did it and if you enjoyed this book at all please go and check out my better stories that are available on Amazon!

Here is a snippet of the first chapter of Think Like The Killer by Jaycie Mandrell

Not every psychopath is a killer.
It's actually offensive when people call infamous killers psychopaths or "psychos" when in reality they were just really crazy. There's a difference. Ted Bundy isn't a psychopath, or at least not a proven one. Of course, a lot of notorious killers were indeed diagnosed psychopaths, but they also had something that made them snap. No, not their mental health; something around them made them snap: people. That's the real reason why you're supposed to be nice to everyone all the time because you never know what intrusive thoughts the people around you are fighting off and you never know when they'll decide to just give in and act them out. For the love of God, be nice to me.
Nobody knows about the things my therapist tells me, nobody knows how terrified my family is of me, and surely nobody knows that I'm a psychopath. Well, technically, I can't be properly diagnosed until I turn eighteen but my therapist blatantly told my parents that I was possibly showing signs of early psychopathic behavior. She pointed out that I could, however, put a stop to the process of becoming a killer with help. So I hid my thoughts, I hid everything about myself and only told people the lies I make up on the spot. Somehow my therapist figured me out easily; she always seemed to see right through me no matter how good of a lie I told. I can't help it, and if I'm being honest my best friend is the only reason I haven't killed anyone. The longer I fight off the thoughts the more I want to kill, but I don't. Please, believe me when I say this: I would never kill anyone. My parents and my therapist both think I'm destined to give in, I can't really blame them but sometimes I wish I could walk into the same room as my mother without her flinching at my every move. My therapist always makes sure I'm still hanging out with my only friend at least once a week like he'll be able to cure my illnesses and, if I'm being completely honest here, he probably could, if he knew what went on behind closed doors.
Jarrett Langston was at the peak of his high school years, he could date any girl he wanted, he could be on any sports team he pleases, and he could become friends with anyone and everyone around him. I envied that for the longest time. The only weird thing about him is that he chose to stick by me, me. Harmon Bliss, the boy that can't talk to anyone casually, the boy that always looks down when he's walking, the boy that lies every time his mouth opens. The boy that's secretly thought about every way he could kill the only person not afraid of him. Jarrett chose me and I'll never understand that. Even now, after everything, I haven't a single clue about why he's my best friend.

(this is only the beginning)

THAT STORY IS FULL OF ACTION, MYSTERY, and BETRAYAL. If you are a horror or mystery fan in any way PLEASE check it out!!

Here is a snippet of Zero Percent by Jaycie Mandrell

"Graham," I whispered his name as if The Host was near. "I need you to wake up buddy, come on." I shook his shoulder and turned halfway to keep an eye on Lanie. "Come on dude, I need you right now." I wrapped my arms around his chest and started to tug him back towards the window. If I couldn't wake him up the best I could do is get him in a safer environment.
The shingles underneath my left foot slipped and I was on my back in a second. I instinctively released Graham to grab the window sill to keep myself from sliding down the roof. I saved myself but Graham kept sliding, taking various shingles with him. I tried to catch him with my foot but I didn't have enough time to reach him.
"Aris!" I heard Lanie scream for me when I let go of the window to let myself slip down the slanted roof. I felt like I had only slid for a split second before I was at the edge, digging my nails into the shingles to keep from going any further. I didn't know when I grabbed him but Graham's hand was in my left hand while the rest of his body was hanging off the rooftop.
"Please, Graham wake up!" I screamed, frantically trying to find a good foot placement so that I could pull him up. I didn't know what to do, I was running out of time and my strength was wearing down. "Okay, I'm sorry buddy, I have to—" I kicked his chest full force, knocking the air out of his lungs. His eyes shot open and his body jerked. He was gasping for air and didn't even have time to ask any questions because he quickly started screaming in fear of hanging halfway off a roof. He tried to throw his right arm up to grab onto the gutters but he couldn't get a grip.
"Aris." he looked up at me, begging for help that I couldn't give.
I couldn't grab onto anything and if I moved the wrong way we'd both go tumbling off the rooftop. Either I dropped him, or I lost my grip and we both fell. The stress, physical and emotional stress nearly had me in tears. I just wanted this night to end.
I shook my head, pushing the thought away. "I won't drop you!" I yelled, tightening my grip on his hand. I kept repeating I have time over and over in my head but it didn't change the fact that we were screwed.
"Lanie, go try to find another way out!" The words were so hard to get out through my gritted teeth but I couldn't open my mouth enough to yell.
"I'm not leaving you two! If you fall, I need to be here to catch you!" Lanie yelled back. I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip on Graham's wrist.
"You wouldn't be able to hold us up regardless, go find a way out!" I never looked at her but I never heard the window close. She never left that windowsill.
I watched Graham's eyes travel up to the sky that was slowly starting to turn a lighter blue. "The sun—" his sentence was cut off when the shingle under my palm broke off and I fell forward. I held my hand out, trying to find another piece to grab onto but my foot caught one instead. I cried out when my toe found a crack between two shingles, stopping Graham and I both from tumbling off the roof but most likely breaking my toe in the process. I couldn't hold back my scream but I never let go of Graham. Despite the pain shooting through my foot, I used the momentary stop to find a spot where my right palm wouldn't fall or slip and hold us up yet again. My palm and feet were raw and if I were to stand up and walk right then I was sure I'd leave a trail of crimson footprints behind me.
Graham was completely over the edge now, gasping and grunting. I'd have a bruise around my wrist from his grip. He was scared but I knew his brain was running ninety miles per hour, trying to come up with a way out of this. He was staring at the ground below us, eyes wide.
He looked up at me with tears flowing from his eyes. "I won't die."
"What?" I screamed in response as if I had to scream to speak over the noises of panic in my head.
"You need to drop me, I won't die." He responded. "I'll break something for sure but I won't die."
"Graham, I—" My hand was slipping again and the grips of the shingles were digging into my palm, ripping away the remaining skin.
Graham let go of my wrist but my grip on his was still strong enough to keep him up. "I won't let you fall."
"You have to."

THIS ONE IS EVEN MORE ACTION PACKED, LOADED WITH CHARACTER DEATHA AND PAINFUL PLOTWISTS!!!!!

Please check these out if you're interested and let me know what you think!!!!