Max's POV.

I wake up... Blinded by white... White walls... White bed... White sheets... Where am I? It's looks as if I'm in a hospital... But I'm not. I never got hurt, I don't think. Where's Billy? Weren't we supposed to go eat? I'm so confused. I notice the door crack open.
  "Hello? Why am I here?" I ask
"Hello, Max..." An old man says walking into the room.
  "Who are you? Where am I?" I ask the  man.
  "I am Doctor Brenner, and you in my lab." The old dude says to me
"Your Lab? Why am I here?" I ask getting scared.
"You are here because you're special... And I need a girl to replace my daughter." Brenner says.
   I look around the room and see a stuffed Tiger on the desk... And a drawing that was obviously drawn by a child it was a picture of a bald girl standing beside a man.
  "I'm a replacement? What happened to your 'daughter'?" I ask him so many questions were flying through my head.
  "We had to do some unwanted things, because she wouldn't behave. But that's in the past." Brenner says
  "Why do you want me?"
"Like I said child... You're special.. You have gifts that you don't understand." Brenner tells m a he sits at the foot of the bed.
  "What do you mean by 'gifts'?"
"I mean powers... You have powers you don't know about." Brenner tells me... I don't believe him, I mean powers? That's like science fiction crap... Nobody in real life has actual powers. I don't even believe what Will told me when he went missing.
  "Yea right... I have superpowers? What was I born at midnight? Or... Born in another dimension. OR was I KIDNAPPED AND TAKEN TO A LABROTORY?!" I say... I was angry.
  "Calm down sweetheart, I know it's hard to believe but it is true." Brenner tells me..."Give it time." He walks out of the room.
  "Ugh!!" I scream.
  Why me? Why does this happen to me!! Why not Billy? Or maybe my friends? I mean not like I want it to happen to them but WHY ME!?