Chapter 8: She's A Superstar

Chapter 8 – She's A Superstar

*Gabbi's POV*

Dustin pulled out my chair as we sat down for dinner with Adrienne and Patrick. I picked up the menu when my phone vibrated because of a text from Xavier.

XAVIER: I saw you on tv tonight. You lookin' right, ma. When you gone stop playin' and drop that undercooked chicken cutlet lookin' dude?

I scoffed and locked my phone before placing on the table. I looked at Dustin and just smiled. His entire presence just made me so much happier. He finally turned his head and smiled back at me. I laughed and pecked his lips, causing Patrick to clear his throat.

I smirked, "I'm sorry Pat. He just makes me wanna 'Say Yessss'."

We all laughed and Dustin mumbled, "She's so lame."

I laced our fingers and turned to Adrienne, "Okay, enough of this. I know I've been pretty distant for the past few days and I guess it's time for me to hear you out."

Adrienne sighed, "I'm so sorry. I know for a fact that this boy is so deep in love with you. I should've trusted that you knew what you were getting yourself into. Honestly, I just miss having my best friend. I really am sorry."

I smiled widely and stood up, "Come give me a hug!" She laughed and walked over to me, embracing me. We pulled apart and I wiped her tears. "I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

Adrienne nodded, "I'll go too."

*Dustin's POV*

As Gabbi and Adrienne walked away, Patrick smiled at me and spoke, "You got yourself a little firecracker over there. But she really cares about you."

I laughed and nodded as Gabbi's phone vibrated on the table. I looked over at it and my heart dropped.

XAVIER: C'mon, Gabs. You sure you don't wanna have a repeat of the other night? I know you miss me. He must not be hitting it right at all.

Just as I was looking up with an angry face, Gabbi walked back over to me with a smile on her face. She sat down and noticed my face, "What's wrong, baby?"

"What happened the other night?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

I began to get angrier, "Don't lie to me, Gabrielle. What happened the other night with Xavier?"

Adrienne whispered in the background, "Oh shit..."

I snapped towards her, "So something did happen? What was it? Did you fuck him?"

Gabbi shook her head quickly, "Dustin, no! I would never do that to you. That's not what happened at all!"

I groaned and stood up, "Why was he with you, Gabrielle? You know what, I don't even want to know. I should've listen to what everyone was saying. 'She's a superstar! Why would she ever want a nobody, comeback artist like you?' I really believed in you Gabbi."

She screamed, "Dustin, wait!" as I walked outside of the restaurant.

Sometimes things are just too good to be true.

*The Next Day*

My alarm went off at 5:30 AM. I didn't go to sleep until 3:00. The thought of Gabbi and Xavier haunted my thoughts. Gabbi with anyone other than me haunted me. I love her. She belongs with me.

I rolled out of bed and went downstairs to the gym of the hotel. We had the next two days off from the tour, luckily. I don't know if I could ever pretend to look in love with Gabbi while knowing what she did to me.