Chapter 9: Ride For You

Chapter 9 – Ride For You

*Dustin's POV*

Gabbi and I were laying in her bed watching a movie but I really couldn't focus. After my time at the gym, I got a call from my ex-girlfriend, Carissa called me and told me some crazy news. All I've been thinking about is how to tell Gabbi.

I knew at that moment that, no matter what happened with Xavier, I just need someone that I knew loved me and would never leave me to listen. The thoughts of Gabbi and I spending the rest of our lives together began to flood my mind.

She looked up at me and poked my cheek, knocking me out of my trance. "Wassup, baby?"

She smirked, "I should be asking you that. What's on your mind?"

I sighed deeply, "I really don't know how to tell you this..."

She sat up quickly, "Are you about to break up with me? Because I can tell you what happened with Xavier and that I threw orange juice on him, and everything."

I chuckled, "Gabbi! I'm not breaking up with you. But you might want to break up with me after I tell you this."

She grabbed my hands, "Baby, I'm here until you don't want me to be anymore. I love you and everything that comes with it."

I kissed her knuckles, "So this morning, my ex from two years ago called me."

"Carissa?"

"Yeah... And she told me that the reason she disappeared is because she was pregnant. And I have son."

Her eyes widened and her grip on me tightened, "Baby..."

"I'm not done. She lives in San Francisco and she says that she can't support him so she's coming to Los Angeles to leave him with me."

Gabbi's eyes watered before she embraced me in a tight hug, "I'm still riding with you, D. We can take him on tour and I'll help you however I can. I'll make sure that no one-"

I cut her off with a kiss. She let her body roll onto mine and kissed me back with intensity. I pulled away and stared at her in awe. She pecked my lips softly and spoke, "We can do it."

*That Night – Gabbi's POV*

Dustin pulled into a parking spot at the park and turned off the car. He sighed and looked up, "I can see her. She's pushing him on the swings."

I unbuckled my seatbelt, "Okay then. Are you ready?" He nodded and I leaned over to kiss his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you more." He unbuckled his seatbelt and got off the car while I followed behind him.

As we got closer to Carissa, I noticed how pretty she was. Her brown hair complimented her light complexion. She looked up from her son and looked over to Dustin and me. She smiled, "Hey Dustin... And you must be Gabbi Woods."

I nodded, "You can just call me Gabbi. It's nice to meet you."

She continued to smile, "You too. But Dustin, I thought we were gonna meet alone."

I furrowed my eyebrows and Dustin answered, "That was never specified and it doesn't matter. She's going to be around him anyway."

She nodded and cleared her throat, "Okay then. Well, I guess you should meet him. Dustin, this is Chase. Chase, this is your daddy. "

I looked down and saw a beautiful lightskin toddler with dark curly hair and the most beautiful green eyes. Dustin looked at him in shock. He bent down to his level and spoke, "Hey, little man."

Chase smiled and gave Dustin a high five before laughing.

Dustin looked up at me with a wide smile then turned back to Chase, "And this is Gabbi, daddy's girlfriend."