Chapter 3: Hardwork

Chapter 3: Hardwork

*Gabbi’s POV* - watching the boys rehearse

It’s been two weeks since tour rehearsals started and the boys have been 15 minutes early ever since our little incident. Since then, I’ve been watching them a bit closer, especially Dustin. As much as I don’t want to admit it, he’s gorgeous. The way he sings and glides around the stage during the set makes me wonder why he’s single.

Adrienne sat next to me and handed me a cup of water, “Okay, boo. You have a costume fitting this afternoon with India. She said that she needs a few measurements.” I nodded and she continued, “I was thinking that you could do a song with B5 in their set and they do one with you…”

I turned to her, “Did their creepy manager suggest that and you agreed to get away from him?”

“Yes! He kept saying that maybe he could take me to dinner to discuss ‘future business ventures.’ “

We both made a face then laughed. We looked over and noticed that the boys finished their rehearsal. I waved them over and they were standing in front of us within seconds.

Adrienne smiled, “So, Jeff and I decided that Gabbi is going to do ‘Say Yes’ with you guys and y’all can dance to ‘2 On.’ Maybe Dustin can sing it with her.”

Everyone looked at me and him with a smirk and I bit my lip, “Well, what’s on y’all’s schedule for the day?”

Carnell spoke, “Next, we have a fitting with India then we’re done.”

Adrienne jumped in, “Alright, I got in. Dustin will stay and teach Gabbi the choreography and I take you boys to your fitting. Dustin is gonna go to Gabbi’s. It’s settled. Let’s go.”

The boys started to file out of the room after Adrienne while Patrick smirked, “I like a girl in charge!”

I laughed and noticed that it was only Dustin and me in the room. I stood up, “Let’s get to work, kid.” I swayed my hips as I walked to the center of the dance floor and waited for him.

*Dustin’s POV*

About two hours had passed and Gabbi and I were still rehearsing. She got back into position and spoke, “From the top?”

I looked at her chuckled, “Do you ever take breaks?”

She smiled, “I guess we could take a quick one.” She slid down the mirror before plopping onto the floor and patting the spot next to her.

I sat next to her, “So, how does it feel?” She furrowed her eyebrows and I continued, “Being twenty-one in this big of a spotlight?”

Gabbi smiled her gorgeous smile and shrugged, “It’s hard but it’s what I love. Singing and dancing to my music for people that enjoy my music. It’s really fulfilling, you know?”

I couldn’t help but smile at the way her entire aura changed when she spoke about her career. Her eyes lit up, her smile got wider. It made her even more beautiful.”

“Yeah, I get what you’re saying.” I decided to switch it up a bit, “So how’s your boyfriend? That guy that I see you with on the blogs?”

She rolled her eyes, “You mean Xavier? We’ve been done for a few months now. He said that making it this far changed me.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Well, he’s missing out on a beautiful girl.”

She blushed and stood up before helping me stand, “Come on, Romeo. Let’s get over to the fitting. I’ll drive.”