Chapter 10: What You've Been Waiting For

Okay I usually save all of this for the end but I've been pretty confused with how they were gonna handle all of what I wanted to throw at them while on tour so I skipped a little ahead. Basically in between, the US leg of the tour ended and Dustin, Gabbi, and Chase are staying at Gabbi's loft in NYC. Adrienne and India went to live with their respective boyfriends... Makes sense?

Okay!

Back to the story....

Chapter 10: What You've Been Waiting For

*Gabbi's POV*

I woke up in my bed that I've missed for the last five months. I reached over for Dustin but my arm landed on my silk sheets. I groaned and sat up before getting out of bed. The clock next to me read 8:03am so I thought now would be a good time for breakfast. I walked out of room and heard Chase laugh and Dustin shush him in the kitchen. I laughed and descended down the stairs. Chase saw me before Dustin did and smiled widely from his high chair, "Gabbi!"

Dustin jumped and turned around quickly before smiling at me, "Morning, babe."

I walked to Chase and kissed his forehead, "Morning, Bubba." Then I walked to my shirtless boyfriend and kissed his cheek, "Morning, sir. Is there a reason why you're cooking with grease and a hot stove but you aren't wearing a shirt?"

He laughed and shrugged, "For your entertainment."

I rolled my eyes, "So what are you making, Mr. Entertainer?"

"Pancakes, eggs, and bacon."

"Sounds delicious." I smiled and wrapped my arms his waist before I whispered to him, "Have you heard anything from her?"

He shook his head with an angry face and I sighed. Carissa hasn't tried to contact us since she left that day in the park. Chase asks about her every now and then but not too much. Dustin says that it's because he shouldn't miss that part of his life because I'm here but I don't want to take any part of Chase from Carissa.

Yeah, sure. She did threaten me but I wasn't worried about that. I just want Chase to have a good life and if I can help give it to him then I will.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Dustin's yell. "Babe, what happened?"

He looked at me with a winced face, "The grease got me in the stomach. I'll be back."

I laughed as he walked upstairs. I looked at Chase, "Your daddy is being silly." Chase replied with a laugh and I smiled back. Just as we finished, Dustin's phone buzzed. I walked to the counter and looked at the text:

UNKNOWN: So I'll meet you there later then. And make sure you don't tell her where you're going.

I looked up and groaned and ran back to Chase when I heard him coming back downstairs. Dustin smiled, "Babe, was that my phone?"

I nodded quickly and stuffed a pancake in my mouth, "Yeah but I didn't check it. I was over here with Bubba the whole time."

Chase yelled to Dustin, "Gabbi looked!"

I sighed and whispered to Chase, "Really, Bubba?"

Dustin laughed and walked over to us, "Next time make sure that your accomplice knows not to snitch on you."

I laughed and smiled, "So what's this big secret that I can't know about?"

He smirked, "If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?"