Chapter 3: No Choice

Third Person's POV

As the activity was announced, Daehyun found herself searching for a partner, her friends already paired off with each other.

Before she could make a move, Yujin raised her hand, drawing attention to the fact that she didn't have a partner yet.

Mr. Choi, their teacher, urged Daehyun and Yujin to pair up, leaving Daehyun with no choice but to reluctantly agree.

Yujin approached Daehyun, eager to discuss their project, but Daehyun's irritation with the situation bubbled beneath the surface.

She didn't like the idea of being forced to work with Yujin, especially given their strained relationship.

Ignoring Yujin's attempts at conversation, Daehyun suggested that they work on the project individually and inform their professor that they would be submitting separate outputs.

But Yujin didn't take kindly to Daehyun's dismissive attitude, feeling tired of being treated poorly by someone she had only tried to befriend.

"Why do you keep ignoring me and belittling me?" Yujin finally snapped, her frustration boiling over as she confronted Daehyun. "What have I ever done to deserve this treatment from you?"

Daehyun's reply was sharp and cutting. "Because I don't like you!" she declared, her words laced with venom. "You irritate me! You are so loud."

With that, Yujin felt speechless, the weight of Daehyun's words sinking in.

She had hoped to mend their strained relationship, but it seemed that Daehyun's animosity ran deeper than she had realized.

With a heavy heart, Yujin resolved to focus on the task at hand, pushing aside her hurt feelings as she planned their project output alone.

As the science class came to an end and Mr. Choi began to gather his things, Daehyun felt a surge of determination rise within her.

With a polite smile, she approached her teacher, her heart pounding with apprehension.

"Mr. Choi, may I have a word?" she asked, her voice steady despite the nerves that twisted in her stomach.

Mr. Choi turned to face her, his expression curious. "Of course, Daehyun. What can I help you with?"

Gathering her courage, Daehyun spoke, her words measured and polite. "I was wondering if it would be possible for Yujin and me to work on the activity individually," she began, her tone respectful. "We seem to have different approaches to the project, and I believe we would be more productive working separately."

To her dismay, Mr. Choi shook his head, his expression sympathetic yet firm. "I understand your concerns, Daehyun, but part of the purpose of these activities is to build camaraderie and teamwork among your classmates," he explained gently. "I'm afraid I can't grant your request. You and Yujin will need to work together on this one."

Daehyun's heart sank at Mr. Choi's words, the weight of his refusal pressing down on her shoulders.

Despite her best efforts, she had been unable to escape the inevitable – she and Yujin would have to find a way to work together, whether they liked it or not.

With a heavy sigh, Daehyun nodded, her disappointment evident in her eyes. "Thank you, Mr. Choi," she murmured, her voice tinged with resignation. "I understand."

Turning away, Daehyun felt a sense of defeat wash over her. She had hoped to find a way out of working with Yujin, but now it seemed that she had no choice but to face the challenge head-on.

And as she made her way back to her seat, she couldn't shake the feeling of dread that settled in the pit of her stomach, knowing that the road ahead would be fraught with tension and uncertainty.