Chapter 9: Overhear

Third Person's POV

"What is the real deal with you and Hyunwook, oppa? Unnie?" Rei's question caught Yujin off guard as she wasn't prepared to discuss her relationship with Hyunwook.

She glanced at her friends, feeling a bit flustered by the sudden inquiry. Taking a moment to compose herself, she replied confidently, "We're good friends."

However, Rei wasn't convinced by Yujin's response and pressed further, expressing her doubts about Hyunwook's intentions.

Yujin shook her head, trying to dismiss any suspicions about Hyunwook's feelings. "He hasn't said anything to me," she reiterated, "but I assure you I only see him as a friend and nothing more than that."

Rei raised an eyebrow, a skeptical expression crossing her features. "Are you sure about that, Yujin? Because from where we're standing, it seems like Hyunwook might have different intentions."

Yujin sighed, running a hand through her hair in frustration. "I know it might seem that way, but I've made it clear to him that we're just friends. Maybe he's just being friendly, you know?"

Liz chimed in, her tone skeptical. "I don't know, Yujin. Guys like him don't usually stick around just for friendship."

Gaeul nodded in understanding. "Just be careful, Yujin. Sometimes feelings can develop even when we least expect them to," she warned, her tone filled with concern for her friend.

Yujin nodded solemnly, grateful for her friends' support. "I'll keep that in mind," she promised, though she couldn't shake the nagging feeling of unease that lingered in the back of her mind.

Yujin shrugged, trying to brush off their concerns. "Well, I'll deal with it if anything comes up. But for now, let's just focus on our studies and enjoy our time together, okay?"

Her friends exchanged a glance, unconvinced by Yujin's nonchalant demeanor.

But they decided to drop the subject for now, trusting that Yujin would handle the situation in her own way.

---

As Yujin observed Daehyun's intense training sessions, she couldn't help but feel a sense of admiration for the girl's dedication and determination.

Despite the exhaustion evident in Daehyun's every movement, there was a fire in her eyes that spoke volumes about her desire to emerge victorious in the upcoming championship match.

Yujin found herself marveling at Daehyun's strength and resilience, her heart swelling with pride at the thought of supporting someone with such unwavering determination.

She couldn't deny the twinge of jealousy that crept in as she watched Daehyun pour her heart and soul into every drill and exercise.

Yet, amidst the admiration and envy, there was also a sense of longing.

Yujin yearned to bridge the growing distance between herself and Daehyun, to find a way to reconnect with the girl who had once been her tutor and occasional sparring partner in banter.

But as the days passed and the championship match drew nearer, Yujin couldn't shake the feeling of apprehension that gnawed at her insides.

Would Daehyun emerge victorious on the field, only to remain distant and unreachable off it? Or would their shared moments in the library be enough to reignite the spark of camaraderie that had once flickered between them?