Chapter 10: Rumor Has It

Third Person's POV

Daehyun's parents and their coaches   decided to celebrate the team's victory with a congratulatory party at a bouffe restaurant.

The atmosphere was lively as Daehyun's teammates, friends, and family gathered to enjoy the festivities, savoring the taste of success.

Amidst the laughter and chatter, Yuna's sudden gasp caught Daehyun's attention.

Concerned, Daehyun turned to see what had startled her friend.

As she approached, she saw a video playing on Yuna's phone, causing her expression to darken.

"What's going on?" Daehyun asked, her curiosity piqued as she joined the group around Yuna.

Yuna shook her head in disbelief, her eyes wide with shock as she showed the video to Daehyun and the others.

Daehyun's heart sank as she watched the footage of Hyunwook and Yujin kissing, the caption below adding insult to injury.

"Just in! An Yujin and Choi Hyunwook confirm dating rumor through a kiss earlier this night," the caption read, "The couple watched the victorious game of Seoul International Academy against Seoul National University and shared a loving kiss that made Yujin stunned."

Daehyun's jaw tightened with frustration and anger as she processed the implications of the video.

She couldn't believe that her celebration had been tainted by such news, and the sight of Yujin's stunned expression only added to her discomfort.

The pain from her wound didn't feel anything at all compared to the pain she was feeling in her heart.

Her teammates and friends exchanged worried glances, unsure of how to comfort Daehyun in the wake of this unexpected revelation.

The once joyful atmosphere of the party now felt heavy with tension and uncertainty.

---

Daehyun's heart felt heavy with every passing day after the news of Yujin and Hyunwook's relationship spread like wildfire.

Despite her efforts to shut Yujin out of her life, Daehyun found herself unable to escape the thoughts of the girl she had grown to love.

Confiding in her friends, Daehyun admitted the depth of her feelings for Yujin.

Tears welled in her eyes as she poured out her heart, expressing the pain of seeing Yujin with someone else.

Her friends listened sympathetically, offering words of comfort and encouragement. "Maybe Yujin wasn't meant for you," one of them suggested gently, "You have to try to move on, Daehyun."

But moving on proved to be easier said than done for Daehyun.

No matter how much she drank or smoked, she couldn't erase the memories of Yujin from her mind.

Each moment without Yujin felt like an eternity, and Daehyun longed to turn back time and undo the feelings that had taken root in her heart.

"I've never felt this way about anyone before," Daehyun confessed to her friends, her voice trembling with emotion, "I wish I had never met Yujin."