Evil Ending. (Part 2)

As Cecil entered the vault, his steps resolute, he made a beeline for the imposing door at its center.

"That's easy," he remarked casually, inserting two batteries into the door's mechanism. With a mechanical whir, the door rumbled open, unveiling a precarious bridge spanning over a pool of molten lava.

On the other side stood Scary Mary and the purgers.

"Well... We finally meet," Scary Mary declared, her voice dripping with disdain. "You brats have annoyed me for so long... But..." Her gaze swept the area with a casual indifference, a small smile playing on her lips. "Where are the others?"

"I am not here to fight you," Cecil stated firmly, interrupting Scary Mary's words.

"Oh? You think you can avoid fighting and make peace with-"

"No," Cecil interjected, cutting her off. "I'm here... To join you."

Scary Mary's laughter echoed through the chamber once more.

"Ahahahaha!! And... What makes you think I'll let you join me? How can I know it's not.... Some type of secret trick?" she challenged, her tone laced with skepticism.

"I'm really here to join you," Cecil reiterated calmly. "I think you'll believe me... If I show you this."

With deliberate movements, Cecil revealed the fallen crowbar from the giant purger, holding it out for Scary Mary to see.

"Behemoth! So... Even that brute wasn't enough to defeat you..." Scary Mary grinned wickedly. "However, I should be happy. So you touched the crowbar... Now I see why you want to join the purgers."

"So... You'll... Let me join?" Cecil inquired cautiously.

"Why... Of course..." Scary Mary replied, her smile widening. "But first... Let me take a look at you."

Her gaze bore into him as Cecil stood before her.

"Hmm... I see you've trained well, have a not-so-bad weapon... I think you're quite fit for being a purger," Scary Mary mused, assessing him. "However, I must administer a little 'test' of some sort to confirm it."

Scary Mary initiated her spinning attacks, and Cecil swiftly dodged them with nimble footwork. She then directed streams of lava all over the wooden platform, but Cecil managed to evade the searing heat with quick reflexes. She repeated these tactics three times, each time increasing the difficulty.

"Not bad," Scary Mary finally said, impressed by Cecil's agility. "Now you are ready to become a purge-"

"NOT SO FAST!!!"

Scary Mary and Cecil turned, startled by the sudden interruption, and found Detective Bradley, Uncle Pete, and Twado standing there. Twado's usual friendly expression was replaced with slanted eyebrows, and he started barking fiercely at Cecil.

"You really thought that we will let you join the purgers so easily?!" Detective Bradley's voice boomed with authority.

"Yeah, kid... The 'dream team' will stop yeh'!" Uncle Pete added with a stern expression.

Twado barked furiously in agreement, his loyalty unwavering.

"Urgh!! This darn detective-" Scary Mary's frustration was palpable until she suddenly noticed Uncle Pete and Twado were no longer standing with Detective Bradley.

"Huh?! They were just here a second ago... Where's Peter and that traitor dog?!!" she exclaimed, scanning the area frantically.

"Just where did they-?" Scary Mary's question was cut short as Uncle Pete landed straight on the high platform where she stood, seemingly out of nowhere. With a swift motion, he smacked her head hard with his wooden sword, leaving her stunned.