Chapter 3: Is it time to break up?

The trip to the park was smooth and quiet

The trip to the park was smooth and quiet. They were satisfied with each other's company that no words were needed. Eira pressed her cheek to Cyril's back,

"I wish I have the power to stop time..." she thought.

Cyril felt Eira move closer to him, and he smiled. He missed having her arms around him. No, scratch that! He plain missed her... her face, her laugh, her smile, her clumsiness, her sweet voice...

" If only we can just stay this way forever..." he thought.

After a few more minutes and they reached their destination. Cyril parked the motorcycle while Eira took out a red checkered blanket and laid it under a big tree. Cyril walked over the big tree but stopped far enough to observe the love of his life while she arranged their things over the picnic blanket. Said girlfriend felt the stare and shouted without looking up, "Cyril! What are you spacing out for?"

Cyril shook his head and smiled before walking over to his beloved. He sat on the blanket then leaned on the tree then resumed staring. Eira looked up and blushed when she noticed the intense look he was giving her.

"Come here. Food can wait."

Eira said nothing and smiled as she sat in between Cyril's legs, leaned back into her boyfriend's hug and laced her fingers with his. They stayed like that for several minutes... just listening to the sound of their hearts in sync.

"Cy..."

"hm?"

"Will you miss me if I disappeared?"

Cyril peered at his girlfriend's face, "Of course, why do you ask?"

The girl in his arms lightly shook her head and smiled. "Nothing... just curious"

"Is she about to break up with me?" he thought his brows now furrowed together in contemplation.

"Love..."

"...."

"Cyril..."

"...."

"Cyril darling..."

"Huh?" Cyril looked at the now laughing girl in his arms. "What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry...you're just too cute" she replied while still laughing.

Cyril pouted. "I don't do cute."

Eira wiped the tears on her eyes, her chuckles slowly subsiding... she turned a little to look at the rare pouting face her boyfriend. Smiling apologetically, she kissed Cyril's cheek making the older boy blush.