A Nervous Gecko Part 2

Guilliam appeared to be staring intently, it was difficult to tell what he was thinking behind that reflective mask. I guess I'll just tell him exactly what I remember...

"W-well, a-after I woke up I got ready as usual. Showered, brushed my teeth, put on deodorant and got dressed. I remember I was really excited to get to work with Dr. Smith, I was kind of in a daze the whole time I was getting ready."

Guilliam continued to take notes and motioned for me to continue.

"Since I was s-so n-nervous, I kind of arrived at the lab nearly 2 hours early. Most of the day time staff was still going about their business and I figured it w-wouldn't hurt to get a head s-start and make sure the lab was tidied up. I went s-straight down to Sector 3 on the elevator and checked in with security as s-soon as I arrived."

Guilliam finished jotting down his notes and looked up at me.

(Guilliam: "Do you remember who was working security when you checked in?")

"I-I uhh, I h-had never met them before...I think I remember the name tag said Zach P.?"

Guilliam nodded as he took note of my account.

(Guilliam: "I believe that tracks with what I know so far, was there anyone else present when you arrived?")

"Yes, a-actually. Dr. Claire Hazzo and Dr. Maniak Smith were both there. They were both in the lab, Dr. Hazzo had just arrived moments before me and apparently Dr. Smith had been there since the day before."

(Guilliam: "Just as my father thought...")

I tilted my head at that statement as I watched him write down his notes.

"I..I'm sorry, sir?"

(Guilliam: "What? Oh, it's nothing. My father had been complaining about Dr. Smith not taking time to rest and he was worried mistakes might happen as a result. He personally requested Dr. Hazzo accompany Dr. Smith.")

Oh no! Did I just get Dr. Smith in trouble!? Crap! I have to do something!

"B-b-but he was resting!! He was actually asleep at his desk when I arrived. Dr. Hazzo said he was already asleep when she arrived as well."

Guilliam seemed to stare and read my expression for a moment before jotting down additional notes. I rubbed my hands together nervously as I watched. It was at this moment, I noticed he had a weird grip on his pen, what's up with that?

(Guilliam: "Okay, so by your account, Dr. Hazzo, Dr. Smith and Zach Pallum where the only ones here when you arrived. What was Dr. Hazzo working on while Dr. Smith was resting?")

"I recall she s-said she was going over Dr. Smith's notes on the v-varying effects of 0593 and 0621 variants of the pathowogen. The main section s-she was focused on was how aggressive 0621 was compared to 0593."

As I finished speaking, I couldn't help but stare at the way Guilliam was writing. I wonder if he hurt his hand or something?

Guilliam finished taking notes and leaned back in the chair. He seemed to be pondering something but all I could do was sit there fidgeting while I waited. He finally listed forward again and jotted down a few more things before continuing.

(Guilliam: "How long was Dr. Smith asleep?")

"He slept for another hour or so..."

I was very well aware of how much he slept, I couldn't take my eyes off of him, he looked so cute!

"I....I accidentally knocked a breaker into another one and the sound woke him up. He jumped straight up and stared at the two of us for a solid minute before asking how long he was out."

Guilliam motioned for me to continue when he caught up with his notes.

"well, h-he s-seemed a bit surprised to see Dr. Hazzo and myself. But his focused quickly s-shifted to the notes. He wasn't too happy that we w-were going over them without his permission..."

(Guilliam: "He wasn't happy? What do you mean?")

"I mean, h-he didn't get angry, b-but he was more or less embarrassed since his research is incomplete. His m-mood quickly changed once he and Dr. Hazzo started discussing the findings so far."

(Guilliam: "I understand, at what point were the notes moved to Dr. Smith's safe in his office on Sector 2?")

That's a weird question, not sure why that's important, but...

"Oh, it w-wasn't much later. We planned to evaluate the animals for awhile a-and just before hand, Dr. Smith took them up to his office in S-sector 2 just before we got started."

Guilliam appeared to be slightly frustrated at that statement. I wonder what I'm missing? He seems really focused on Dr. Smith's notes...