Never Miss A Beat

We see Amity Colosseum's mountain biome being bombarded by several explosions all around the area. Russel Thrush with his twin dust daggers; Shortwings in hand, is running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents, who turn out to be a smiling Penny Polendina and her beret-wearing teammate, who's name is unknown. With an ever-present smile and simple arm movements, she summons six floating swords from Floating Array and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on the other CRDL teammate Sky Lark until he uses his halberd/rifle; Feather's Edge, to vault over another stone for defense. The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins in combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up. Wasting no time, Penny raises her hands like a puppetmaster and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with the screaming Russel and Sky still hanging on. Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings.

"And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!" Oobleck announced, revealing Penny's teammate's name was Ciel.

"Thank you for a wonderful time." Penny said, placing a fist in her palm and bowing in respect to her fallen foes, still smiling.

The two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit over the head by a falling stone, which finally knocked him out.

···

"Ooooh." Coeur Al'Aran winced at the massacre of team CRDL.

"I feel kinda bad for them. They had no hope whatsoever." Andito Moratana commented.

"Another thing I wish I had done better with." Monty Oum lamented.

"I mean seriously? Those guys had no hope of winning and their strength is pretty meager compared to most of, if not all the top dogs." Andi commented again.

"Perhaps, but you have to admit. They have some potential. You just have to know how to bring it out. I believe that is one of your specialties, isn't it?" Coeur brought up.

"I know, but still..." Andi said.

···

"Ohhh, that's gotta hurt." Jaune said as he winced.

"Tell me about it." Nora said in agreement.

"Excuse us." A voice called out from next to him.

It was Weiss. Jaune turned around to see both her and Yang standing behind me, Yang smiling cheekily while the Schnee heiress tapped her shoe impatiently.

"You guys are up next?" Jaune asked, flicking his head towards the center of the arena.

Yang's grin widened as she pumped a fist.

"Oh yeah, it's time for Freezerburn to rock this joint!" She exclaimed clearly pumped up for the fight to come.

Ren cocked a brow at that.

"Freezerburn?" He asked, having no idea where she was going with that.

Yang's eyes sparkled and she took in a deep breath to reply only for the air to whoosh out as a particularly sharp looking elbow dug into her side, courtesy of her teammate in white.