Chapter VII || I'm a monster...

*Micheal's POV*

Elizabeth and I walk into Henry's office, and we see his aviator glasses sitting on his desk. "He's teasing us!" I groan as I grab the glasses, attaching them to the collar of my button up.

"Henry's prescription is like...really bad. Wherever he is, he is probably wandering around completely blind." Elizabeth scratches her head, "Oh my god! The camera rooms under the stages! We can find him there!" She says, and we run out to the main stage. Elizabeth opens the door, and we check on the cameras. She flips through them all, even the vents, but to no avail. Footsteps sound behind us, and Clay ducks his head in. "We checked all of the cameras, and there's cameras everywhere in this place! He's not here!" Elizabeth puts her hands on her forehead, hiding her tears.

"Have you tried the other cameras under Pirates' Cove?" Clay asks, raising an eyebrow, and Elizabeth shoots out of the under-stage faster than I have ever seen her move. Clay and I follow after her, and she twists the door knob, but to no avail. Clay pulls out his lock pick again, picking the lock with ease.

"Henry..." Henry stripped off his shirt, revealing his bare skin. He turns around, a purple scar covering where his left kidney would be.

"I'm a monster..." His voice is raspy, as if he had been screaming. Clay reaches out for Henry's hand, and Henry quickly grabs his clothes, grabbing Clay's hand.

Clay frowns, "You aren't a monster." he pauses, "can you walk?"

Henry shakes his head, "My whole body is in pain.. and besides, it doesn't help that I can't see." He complains, and I put Henry's glasses on for him. "Oh, thank you so mu-" he looked at me and went pale. "Micheal..."

"I know, everyone thought I was dead...I was in hiding, from my insane father, but enough of that, we need to get out of here!" I exclaim, climbing through the vent, I reach out a hand to help Henry up, and he moans in pain. Everyone else climbs into the vent just fine, and we leave the place.

*.•*.•*

Clay carries Henry out to his car, putting him in the passenger seat. Clay throws me his keys. "Take my car kid, Elizabeth knows the directions to my house, meet us there." Clay gets in Henry's car and drives away, leaving me and Elizabeth with Clay's truck. Elizabeth gets in the passenger side, and I get in the driver's seat, starting up the truck. Elizabeth gives me directions.

"I have never seen scars like that after one of dad's experiments. Never." I say, quite literally horrified as I recall how the scars looked.

"That's from the remnant. So if the remnant actually works, Henry lives forever." Elizabeth says, messing with the sleeve of her cardigan.

"What the fuck?! Are you actually serious?" I ask, Elizabeth nods her head, "The next time I see William...he is going to DIE." My knuckles turn white around the steering wheel. "Are there any other side effects you know of?"

"Well, Henry started documenting Carlton's side effects... all he got was night terrors, visions, loss of consciousness at random..." She pauses, trying to recall more information. "William said that your blood will turn purple, and your eyes will change colors... but that's all I know."

I pull into Clay's driveway, and I see him carrying Henry inside. His eyes are closed, and he clings onto Clay as if he can't touch the floor.

I hop out of the car, running up to the door to get it for Clay. Elizabeth follows behind me, looking at Henry in Clay's arms with a sad expression. "Is my dad okay?" She asks, and Clay turns around and looks at her, standing in the doorway.

"I don't know." He sighs, turning back around and going up the stairs.

*Elizabeth's POV*

"Henry? Your dad?" Micheal looks at me baffled, and I sigh, walking in the house as I explain.

"After we thought William originally died, Henry took me under his own wing a few months ago since this body is still a few years underage. He was lacking a daughter, and I was lacking a father. So..that's how that happened." She shrugs.

Clay returns downstairs, glancing between me and Micheal. "I need to talk to you both in my office." He says, walking down a hallway. We both follow. I sit down in the chair, and Micheal stands.

"Henry's condition has only gotten worse...those purple scars have started to spread across his abdomen." Clay worries, looking at Micheal and I for answers.

"Take him to the hospital, dude." Micheal says, leaning on the door, arms crossed.

"The hospital wont know what to do with him. THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY SON!" Clay gasps, putting a hand to his head, stressed. Micheal and I look at eachother and then back to a stressed Clay.

"It's odd...because those scars didn't form on Carlton, then why are they appearing on Henry?" I wonder. "Maybe we should write down Henry's behaviors, and gather some more information, God forbid our father gives us any answers." I cross my legs, and Clay turns around his swivel chair, going over to one of the many book shelves in his office.

"We are not letting him go to the hospital..." Clay mutters under his breath.