Chapter X || Kisses for Henry

*Clay's POV*

"Elizabeth, drive my truck. I need to comfort Henry." I throw my keys to Elizabeth, hopping into the backseat with Henry. Jessica is already gone.

"Alright, but don't makeout or anything, k?" Elizabeth sighs, hopping into the drivers seat. I promise her there will be no such activities. By the time we leave the abandoned pizzeria, it is dark outside. Unexpectedly, Henry leans his head onto my shoulder, sighing.

"What happened back there?" I whispered to him, and he looked up at me, head still on my shoulder.

Henry whispered back, "He was confessing his feelings to me. Not like I already knew!" He paused, "I stabbed him with an empty syringe...it was horrifying, he was horrifying." I feel Henry shudder, and I rest my chin on his head.

"Just go to sleep..." I whisper, "you don't need to worry about him right now."

Henry doesn't reply.

*Henry's POV*

"I can't even put into to words how much I worship you..." William smiles wildly, getting onto his knees and grabbing onto my leg. "Just give me one more chance...that's all I need for me to make you my husband..."

I crouch down to William's level, not in control of my movements. "Okay...one more chance." I agree, and William looks up at me with stars in his eyes. I lean in to him, and luckily for me, that's when I wake back up.

My breathing is heavy, and Clay looks down at me. I realize I'm in his arms. "I had a bad dream..." I admit, and Clay nods, understanding. He takes me up to my room.

"What was this dream about?" He asks, setting me down on my bed as he sits beside me. I recall the dream to him, and his eyes go wide. "We're you and William like a..." he questions me immediately, and I put my hands over my face. I tell him that he was stupid for thinking such a thing. He chuckles, placing a hand on my shoulder, "besides, I love you way more than he ever could." He smiles.

After a few moments of silence, I swallow, "I love you too, Clay.." I put a hand on his chest as he leans closer to me, stopping him from getting any closer, "but I don't think I'll ever be able to love properly again." I frown, and his face immediately goes straight.

"Come on, Henry..just give it a try. I know how it is, my wife left me, too..." Clay encourages me. I take a hand off of his chest, our faces just a mere inch apart, lips almost touching. "Are you sure?" He asks, and I let him know that I'm completely sure.

He puts his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me in. I rest my hand on the side of his face, playing with his hair. So many thoughts raced through my mind as everything happened, and I finally come back to reality as we finally release. His eyes are wide, and his face is flushed. "So..we're a thing now, right?" Is the first thing he says.

"Oh," I get up, nervous, "Oh, yeah. Sure..haha, thanks, that was great Clay, but it's like super late! Maybe you should leave now." He gets up and I lightly shove him out the door, locking the door and sliding down it until I touch the floor.

I wipe my mouth, putting my hands over my face. I should feel ashamed...but then again, that was my first anything after my wife left, so it's a step closer to society. What will Elizabeth think? What will Hurricane itself think? The police chief dating the man the whole town suspects killing those kids back in '85? I exhale, my breath shaking. The Man Behind the Slaughter! That was not me! Thankfully, William ended getting arrested, but of course, they never kept him in prison. They had to release him since they had no physical proof of him ever doing such things. I take my hands off my face, thinking.

What if I went back to Freddy's..I know where those bodies are, I've knew all along. How could anyone be so sick and twisted to...I want to throw up just thinking about it. I grab my keys off of the bedside table, going out the door.