Chapter VIII || I love you, Henry.

*Henry's POV*

I look down at my scars. They cover almost all of my lower abdomen. My lip quivers, and I try to hold back my tears. I bury my face in my knees and cry. If the remnant works, then I become immortal, which is the exact opposite of what I want. What William would want. I remember reading those journals about me, William obsessed with making me his own. I shudder at the thought of it again. If I never returned to Hurricane, this never would have happened. I thought. William never began doing anything until I had returned to Hurricane.

I sob uncontrollably loud. "Henry? Are you alright in there?" Clay asks from the other side of the door, and I quickly wipe my tears.

"Yeah! Come in..." I say, my voice shaking. Clay opens the door, frowning as he sees me.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Clay asks, sitting down on the bed beside me, "you look pale, and your eyes are puffy." He gently lifts my head up with his hand to make me look at him.

"I'm a total mess." Tears well up in my eyes again, my lip quivers as I look up at Clay.

"You know I love you, right Henry?" Clay says, his hand glides down to the back of my neck. I look over to the window, it was glued shut to prevent another accident. I glance back to Clay, and he's a few inches from my face, lips parted.

I pull away from him, "I know what you're thinking."

Clay sighs, "If you don't feel the same way you should just say that, don't keep me waiting forever."

"No, Clay, I do!" I exclaim, moving my hair out of my face.

"I know you're taking your time, but it's been months. I'm getting impatient." Clay gets up, "I love you, Henry." He mumbles, leaving the room. I hug myself for comfort as he shuts the door, leaving me alone again. I don't know why I keep denying Clay... Whenever he comes close, I keep pushing him away. My notebook lays on my bedside table, I grab it, clicking my pen as my mind wanders from several topics to write about.

October 17th, 1995

I freed William of his fursuit prison, and I know I should regret it, but I don't. It was a bad decision on my end, but that springlock suit was my creation. Sometimes, I just want to go find William, hug him and forgive him for everything. The only the stopping me is Clay..and what he did to Charlotte. Even now, I wish I could go back in time and stop everything that happened. Maybe then, me and William could've been something more. I admit, in my college days I was developing a little sort of a...crush on him. I hid my feelings, knowing he already had a kid, and a wife to be. All these years, I still haven't told him. Will I ever? Probably not. I'm not scared! He doesn't need to know now...

*Elizabeth's POV*

"I don't think Clay is very fond of me..." Micheal says at random, and I look up from sowing my dress back together.

"It's because we're Afton's. Honestly, he doesn't trust me, either." I sigh, looking back to my dress. "If the police knew that an Emily and two Afton kids were running loose in Hurricane, they'd go berserk."

I had the misfortune of sharing an upstairs bedroom with Micheal. Two twin beds on either side of the room, a window outlooked the backyard which was quite large, at least an acre, I'd say. Looking back at my sowing job, I sigh.

"I'm not the strongest sower, am I?" I ask, holding up the dress so Micheal could see. Micheal's eyes widen, and I immediately turn back around, putting it in the dresser. The pajamas pants I got from Clay dragged on the floor, the top fitting just right. "I'll save that for another day..."

"When was the last time you talked to dad, Lizzy?" I hear the floor creak as Micheal stands up. Closing the drawer as I turn around to face him.

I began, "Well, I don't remember the last time I had a real conversation with him...he was always ordering me around and I'd just listen." I recall the time that William ordered me to get the syringe so he could inject Henry with remnant. Of course, to protect my dad, I refused and threw him in that fire with that suit on...Originally, I was going to listen, and submit to him. Again. One part of my heart told me to follow along with it, yet the other half was screaming at me to not follow through with it. I get sucked out of my thoughts as Micheal starts speaking.

He sighs, "I haven't talked to dad in forever... it's been at least thr-" A shriek sounds across the house, and then a loud crash. I see Micheal's eyes widen in alarm, and we both bolt for the door.

Entering the hallway, we watch Clay come from his room, as well, running downstairs where the sound came from. Micheal and I follow closely behind him, and I almost trip on my pajama pants while going down the stairs.

"Henry?!" Clay knocks on the bathroom door, and there's no answer. "I'm coming in if you don't answer." He says, panic filled in his tone, but somehow he is so calm at the same time. Clay opens the door, and Henry is crouched on the floor, covering his face.

*Henry's POV*

I cover my face, tears stinging my eyes. A hand touches my chin, "Henry.." Clay says in a calming and almost angelic tone. He lifts my head, but I still don't uncover my eyes. "Let me see." Clay tries to pull my hand off of my face, but I refuse. He repeats himself, and I pull my hands off of my face, looking up into his hazel eyes.

"OH MY GOD!" Clay jumps back a little, Elizabeth looks at me and gasps. Is it really that bad, I think to myself, frowning. "Your eyes are purple..." Clays says, grabbing my chin again to take a glance at me.

"What's happening to me?!" My voice cracks as I speak, placing my hands over my head.

Elizabeth trembled, "I hate to be the one to say this, but I think we need to go visit William."