Chapter XIII || Isolation.

*Henry's POV*

4 am. The clock reads when I step into my bedroom, the smell of vanilla and pine wood filling my nose. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I hover my fingers over Clay's contact. The block button is there, staring at me. I swallow, hitting it with hesitation. I turn my phone off, in case I get angry phone calls in the morning. Lying down in my bed, I flip over to check my clock again, lacking sleep. 6:30 AM I sigh, giving up on rest.

*Elizabeth's POV*

What a ruckus downstairs, I think, hearing Clay yelling and all the banging going on downstairs. In my silk red nightdress, I pull the sheets off of myself and slide my feet into my slippers, speed walking down the stairs. Carlton was already by his father's side. "It's 6:30 AM! What is wrong with you?!" I demand as I walk up to them both, giving Clay a confused look.

"Henry blocked my number, and when I went to go confront him he wasn't in his room..." Clay puts his hands over his face, trying to conceal his anger and sadness.

I recall last night at around 12 AM, when I saw my dad going to leave the house. I stopped him, asking where he was going, he replied, telling me he was going home, but I couldn't tell if he was lying. He possibly ran away, getting away from his horrible past with Hurricane. I tell Clay the unfortunate news, and he gets red in the face. "All that I've done for him...and he just leaves like that?!" Clay steps back, catching himself on the counter, "Oh, god..."

Carlton puts a hand on his dad's shoulder, reassuring him it is going to be alright. I pace around the room, thinking up any ideas that might possibly bring Henry back to reality.

"Call your father, Elizabeth!" Clay demands, and fear immediately hits my gut, I feel as though I've been threatened by my father again. Standing still, I grip my phone tightly in my hand until my knuckles turn white.

I swallow, obeying him, "Of course..." Punching in my dad's phone number on my device, I pray he picks up.

"It's 6:45 AM, Elizabeth? What's so important, dear?" My dad asks, sounding weary.
"Clay..." I say, handing the phone over to the angry man.
"What happened?! You blocked me out of the blue last night!" Clay turns the speaker on so we could all hear Henry's voice.
"I don't want to be tied down to this place anymore than I already am. I wasn't ready and will never be ready to be in a relationship with you, we both know that I'm not mentally stable, yet you pushed me anyway." My dad sighs, "and to my daughter, I'm sorry I left you there, but whenever you're ready, please come home to me."

He says nothing more, and then he ends the call. Clay hands me my phone back, and visible tears already flow down his cheeks, his face is red as if he is embarrassed. "I'm so sorry..." I say, though I don't feel any sadness at all. "I'm going to see my father." I glare over to Clay and Carlton once more before going back upstairs to retrieve my car keys.

"Please tell your father how much I miss him..." Clay pleads as I am just about to walk out the door. I agree, but I know Henry wouldn't like to hear those words. I walk out the door without another word.