Chapter 13

It's the craziest thing, the dream I had last night. I dreamt I called Travis and told him we should postpone our engagement until I get back from London, whenever that may be.

Ryan didn't prevent me from downing 6 pints last night. It's kind of funny though because I can drink you under the table when hard liquor is involved and manage to not throw up or get a hangover, but give me beer and I wake up fuzzy-minded.

The red light on my phone is blinking. I must have forgotten to charge it. Before I hook it up to my laptop, I see 5 voicemails from both Sam and Travis. I'm sure it's nothing.

I call for room service, some pancakes will do my hangover good. Maybe I'll ask for some Advil or something too. My legs feel heavy as I try to walk to the shower, my whole body doesn't want to move, it was like I was filled with sand.

I strip all my clothes off when I hear a bang on the door, grabbing my robe, I jog to the main door and look through the peephole. It's Ryan.

"Good morning, sunshine!" He's awfully cheery today, for a man who seemed to drink more than I. "How are you even this happy? It's like 8:30 in the morning!" I leave the door open, falling upon the giant couch. Ryan follows me in, leaving a yellow envelope on the table.

"Ah, I'm an Englishman who spent some time in Ireland, I literally took a class on how to drink."

My eyes wander to the table where the envelope lays unopened. "What's that?" I nod my head in the direction of the envelope.

"Something from Sir Branagh. He dropped it off this morning and requested I handed it to you personally. Seems quite important." He walks over to the table, picking up the envelope. "Here. Personally handed to you."

I start ripping through the surprisingly tough paper.

Dear Ms. Chelsea,

Your presence is requested at my home tonight at 7pm sharp. I am throwing a party for some of my colleagues and would love to start introducing you to potential clients. Your vast knowledge of the film industry and passion for learning could land you a career with any of the people I invited tonight. The attire is casual dress.

See you then,

KB

"Apparently I'm going to a party tonight. I've always hated parties." Ryan smiles. "Do you need a ride? I drive by the neighborhood where he lives everyday. I could drop you off before I head home, I get off at 6."

"That would be fantastic! Thank you." He nods his head. "Ryan, I must ask you. Did I do anything last night that I should be aware of?"

His face goes from pleasant to concerned. "Chelsea, you kind of called your fiancé. I tried to stop you..."

My face turns white. "What did I say?!" He just looks at me, helplessly. "I suggest you call home ASAP. It's not my place. I'll meet you in the lobby at 6pm." Ryan rushes out of the room before I can say anything else.

I jump over the couch, running to my laptop and unplug my phone. I click on the first voicemail.

Shit.

*** Several hours later ***

"You look amazing, Chels, really. If you don't land a job tonight, then i'll personally kill the bastards."

I was beginning to really like Ryan. Not in the way a girlfriend like a boyfriend but like a friend. He's the first person I met here and he's been really chill about the drama I've brought overseas with me.

"Why thank you, kind sir."

He leads me to his car, opening the door for me. It takes us about 35 minutes just to reach Kenneth's house since the traffic in London is ferocious. I haven't left my hotel to explore the city yet so the drive was quite picture-esque. Ryan slowly descends on his brakes, the car stopping in front of a gated house, cars lining the perfectly cut grass. His house reminds me of the one in Princess Diaries, I just hope I don't accidentally walk on the grass.