Chapter 7

I miss the movie set already; it's been three weeks and the new semester started of my final year at college. I'm both excited and utterly terrified of what the future brings for me. I have no idea what I'll be doing a year from now though I did get a job offer from Branagh if I ever found my way to England.

Speaking of England, Tom and I are talking everyday. Sometimes we even talk twice a day. I miss him even when I told myself that I wouldn't. He was part of the reason working on the set of Thor was so fun; he kept me entertained. 

I remember one day on set where they were shooting the scene where Loki falls into the abyss of Asgard and he was hanging in the air by a cable. Between takes he would make the funniest faces while Chris Hemsworth would recite the lamest poetry you've ever heard. You just had to be there.

Just as I finish my mini-daydream my phone begins ringing, the sound of "Moves like Jagger" vibrating throughout my silent apartment. 

"Hello?" I answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey dear, it's me. I couldn't stop thinking about you." I have a lapse in judgment before I have a realization that Tom is the one calling me. 

"Oh hey you!" Really Chels, hey you? "I've missed you too, how have you been?" I try to divert the conversation away from my sorry excuse for a greeting. His voice softens as his throat relaxes.

"I want to see you Chels. I need to see you." His tone is serious with a hint of sexual frustration. "I'll be in the area in about 2 weeks. Comic Con will be in Vegas and I want you to come."

My throat tightens as my eyelids flutter faster than a hummingbird's wings. "Oh. Two weeks? I suppose I could wait two weeks. Tom, I've really missed talking to you. In person. I miss your face!"

It was at this moment that I realized I acted slightly immature around Tom. I swear I never say things like that - I miss you face - really, who says that? Obsessive couples, that's who! His laugh sends shivers down my spine of the most pleasurable kind. 

"As do I, Chels. So will you come to Las Vegas? I'll fly you out, hell I've even fly Sam out too. I just...I want to see you, dear."

Every time he calls me dear my heart flutters. Cliché I know but it's the truth. This man makes me say and do things I always thought I'd never say or do. I'm not the obsessed-long-distance-girlfriend-who-needs-to-talk-to-you-everyday-and-when-she-does-its-in-sterotypical-cliches.

Really, I'm not. 

"You've got yourself a deal Mr.Hiddles. It's okay that I call you Hiddles, right? Your name is too long. You should consider a change. Tom Hiddles.... rolls right off the tongue."

 Not a sound reverberates through the receiver. 

"I was joking Tom." I say bluntly.

Still nothing.

"Tom? You still there?"

"I like it when you call me Hiddles."

AHA! Hiddles it is then! 

"Well good. You can call me whatever you like then. Hiddles." I begin to laugh, amused by my own self. Tom gasps, halting my laughter. "Okay then. Girlfriend. I'll talk to you later about flight arrangements. Until next time, dear."

And the line is cut. 

Wait a minute.... did Tom just say girlfriend? 

Nah, of course he didn't. Did he? I pick up my phone and begin texting him, not caring about international data plans.