Chapter 6 -Goodbye For Now

Thats how it was for the next couple weeks. Tom and I were inseparatable. 

I had gotten recognition from Kenneth Branagh on my good work - the guy offered me a job to work with him if I ever made it to England. 

The last day on set was emotional because that meant I only had two days left with Tom before he left for London. 

Now I'm sure you're wondering - did you and Tom ever....you know....do it?

The answer is no. We had fun just hanging out and talking that sex wasn't really a thought in our mind. We flirted so much on set that Chris Hemsworth and the other actors often made fun of us. 

"Do you have to leave?" I bury me head in his chest, our hands interlocked on his lap. The smell of his cologne fills my nostrils, so pleasant. Tom set his chin on my head, "Unfortunately but until then, let's make best of the time we have."

I scoot away from him, looking into his eyes. I like Tom, I've admitted it to myself. He's great company and Sam adores him. He's my modern Shakespeare, his words make me quiver when spoken with his silky English accent. His jet black hair, so perfectly done every morning. That leather jacket becoming a symbol of his obvious sexual frustration.

My mind is obviously the symbol of my own frustration. 

"Okay, lets make the best of it. Tom, have I ever said that I like you? Because I totally do." 

What's the point in playing hard to get when the chances of you two ever seeing each other is very slim? So I put myself out there, told him I liked him. And what did it get me?

"Oh. Chels, I like you too....a lot actually. But I don't want to ruin this. So lets just keep things the way they are until the day I leave. Then we'll go from there."

Before I knew it, the day was here, the day Tom was suppose to leave for London. I almost didn't even want to go to lunch withhim before his flight because I was afraid that I would just bring the mood down.

I meet him at a cafe about 6 miles from the airport. I step out of the cab to pay the drivier when Tom slides infront of me, picking up the tab. He turns to me, "Hey beautiful. Hungry?" 

We sit outside overlooking the traffic as we order a light lunch. Honestly, it was a bit awkward, at least on my end. I didn't know what to say and for the first time, it felt wierd being around him.

"You're coming to the airport with me, right?" he asks sipping his glass of water. "I'd really love it if you did." I just smile and nod. "Everything alright, Chels?"

No everything is not alright. You're leaving. Forever. THIS IS NOT OKAY TOM. "Yea, I'm fine. I'm just tired, couldn't sleep."

We spent an hour and a half talking about the past month or so, the craziness that was the film called Thor. To think in two weeks I'll be finishing my last year as a college student only to be thrusted into the world with no idea of what I want to do with my life.

 The airport was a packed house, people everywhere. Tom held my hand so we wouldn't get separated. Cameras were awaiting Tom's entrance in the security line. He stopped before they recognized him.

He was wearing his black leather jacket infused with the smell of the desert, his black jeans tight around his long legs. That blue see-through shirt peeping through with his jet black hair flowing behind his ears. His eyes were full of sorrow as he looked at me.

I began crying, the feeling of my makeup rolling down my cheeks. Touching my cheek he mouthed the words I've been wishing for, "We'll see each other again, Chels. Come to London with me. Right now. We'll fly away together, I can go switch my first clas out for two buisiness."

It sounded tempting, flying away with Tom. After spending every night together, it was like we really connected but I have to finish my last year of school, I owe it to my parents. It's not as simple as I wish it could be.

"One day I'll go to London, Tom. I promise. You and I, we'll have our moment. We'll finish where we left off." 

He leans down planting a kiss upon my lips growing passionatley by the minute. His hands cups my face, looking intently into my eyes. "I'll wait for that moment, I'll call you everyday," he pulls me against his body, my face hiding in his jacket. The last time I'll smell his scent. The last time I'll hug him.

With one last kiss, he turns to face the cameras. And then he was gone.

I stand in the busy airport all alone with all my emotions exposed.

Once through security, he finds a clear opening between the crowd. He blows me a kiss before disappearing beyond the barrier.

I always knew this wouldn't be easy, saying goodbye to someone. Someone who I've grown accustomed to. I blame myself I guess, for letting myself get too attached. 

The ride back to my apartment was quiet and even more-so once I was actually in my apartment. Sam didn't dare say a word. I joined her on the couch where I completely broke down.

She wraps her arms around me, comforting me. "It' okay Chels. You'll see each other again." My tears start soaking through her blouse.

"Just think about it, it's not goodbye forever, it's goodbye for now."