Chapter 9

"What do you mean we're at Comic Con, Chels? Is this some sick joke?" I ignore Sam's question and rush to the ticket window to grab our passes to the Thor panel.

 "We're going to be late, hurry up Sam." She follows behind me closely, afraid that she'll catch some nerd disease. "I can't believe you drug me to a nerd convention."

I grab her arm and we enter the door to the huge room filled with hundreds of girls wearing all sorts of Thor costumes. Tom got us VIP seats so we head towards the front. Sitting on the aisle, I finally get to relax knowing we only had a 5 minute window before the panel started.

Sam leans over to me, "I really hate you right now." I just smile as the announcer comes on stage and everyone around us applauds. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to thank you for coming out tonight to take part in this very exciting panel with some very talented actors. Of course you don't want to hear me talk so let’s get this going shall we?" The crowd gets louder.

"I introduce you the cast of Marvel's Thor!" 

One by one they all walk out, waving to the audience with big smiles, sitting at their designated seats. I hear a faint oh my from Sam when Chris walks out but then I get distracted by the tall, lean brunette following behind him. His hair is an odd quiff and cleanly shaven, Tom looks quite dapper in just a plain white tee with a fitted black blazer over it.

From left to right its director Kenneth Branagh, Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings, Tom and then Phil Coulson....I mean, Clark Gregg.

Tom spots me in the first row and flashes a smile and a wink, quickly distracting his fellow actors. Kat and Natalie spot me and wave while Chris winks and Branagh nods his head graciously. Sitting here, I still can't believe I got to work with every single one of those people on stage this summer. And that Kenneth Branagh offered me a job if I ever got to London. 

"Chris looks hella fine, doesn't he?" Sam mumbles as a huge smile plastered across her reddened face. "Tom doesn't look bad either, but Chels, watch out for Kat. She seems a bit into him."

I look up to see that Kat and Tom were engaging in some fluffy talk, with Kat laughing uncontrollably. I roll my eyes and shrug Sam's observation off as I shift a bit in my seat.

90 minutes later the panel breaks up and I've learned so much about the film than I ever did while working on set. The last minute touches and the direction Kenneth was taking the story. Absolutely incredible. Hearing Chris and Tom describe their character's relationship and their struggles was really inspiring.

Knowing Tom wasn't available until a few more hours after his various interviews, Sam and I walk around the different booths at the expo. I've never been a nerdy, comic book fan but some of this stuff is so cool, I can feel my inner Sheldon Cooper coming out.

"Chels!" I hear a voice coming from behind me. I turn around to see Kat running towards me. "Hey girl, what's up? What brings you to Comic Con; I wasn't expecting to see you here."

I was about to say that Tom was the reason but I decided to lie. "The studio invited me to come, being I worked on the film with you guys and all....." She smiles and starts blushing.

"That's great! Tom asked me to be his 'date' this weekend, so I'm having a jolly good time, if you know what I mean." I stand there frozen and silent, so Sam butts in the conversation.

"You and Tom, eh? Hmmm....you guys should come out with us tonight, we can catch up." Kat nods her head, "That would be great, I'm sure Tom would love to see Chels again since their good friends and such. We'll give you a ring later, yeah?"