Chapter 2

It didn't take long to convince Sam to grab a few drinks prior to hitting up the clubs. I for one, was exceptionally excited she agreed because I hate spending my Friday nights out in clubs then rushing to work, with only 3 hours of sleep and a slight hangover.

"So are we going to party with Thor? Ugh, he is soooooo hot. Chris Hemsworth is like god, I can't wait to tap that."

Is it too late to turn around? No? Damn. 

"You know, I wouldn't be talking like that around these guys. Don't make me look bad, please?" Sam rolls her eyes before freshening up her always perfect makeup.

The cab pulls up to this bar right in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. It reeks of BBQ and alcohol. "This is where they wanted to meet?" Sam grunts in disgust. "You'd think since they're professional actors with loads of money, that they'd go to somewhere more....." 

I turn around looking at Sam, "More what?" I snap.

"Classy," she replies sarcastically.

Opening the saloon-like doors, I notice pool tables with men in cowboy hats surrounding them, throwing money in each other's faces. 

"HEY!" I hear from across the room. Tom is weaving in and out of the drunkards towards us. "I'm glad your here!" He plants a welcome kiss to both cheeks, so very English. "Umm yeah, thanks for inviting us. This is my friend Sam - Sam this is Tom." 

"I play Loki in the film Chels is working on - It's okay I call you Chels, right?" He says lending out his hand for Sam's with his head quickly turning to look at me. I flash a smile and a slight nod whiel Sam blurts out, "You're from England? Wow, I've never met an Englishman that I thought was good-looking."

Moment ruined.

Tom leads us to a series of booths in the back of the bar, hidden from the rest of the hoolgans occupying it. "Welcome Chelsea, it's great to see you!" There was the man who played Thor, Chris Hemsworth, leaning in for a friendly hug.

I haven't actually talked much to Chris since being on set, however, we've exchanged smiles and waves numerous times. It was kind of cool to know that he noticed me. Alongside Chris was some of the other acotrs in 'Thor.' 

Kat Dennings and the amazing Natalie Portman rounded out the group. I introduced Sam to everyone after verbal greetings, with Sam blushing after Chris said her name and touched her.

"Pick any seat you ladies like, we don't bite..." Tom confirmed, leaving the timing open for Kat who finished his sentence. "Unless you want us too," she said cheekily.

Everyone broke into laughter.

Sitting next to a guy like Tom was a little surreal though it wasn't at all intimidating. Here's a man who is breaking into his film career after a lengthy period of tv appearnces and various theatre productions (all knowledge credit to the lovely Google,) yet he is completely humble and grounded.

 "So Chelsea, what are you studying at school?" Chris asks in his strong Australian accent. I take a swig of my beer, "Well, I'm a double major in film and classic literature." Sam interrupts, "She's a total nerd but she's also one of the smartest people I know."

"Is this your final year at university?" Tom questions. I nod my head, "Not sure what I'll be doing after I graduate though. Unless I move to LA or somehwere that has a strong theatre/film culture." 

"London would be great for you then, the home of Shakespeare and everything theatre. Unless you were planning on heading to LA, which is also a lovely place." Natalie breaks into the conversation with her take on NYC. 

"I much prefer New York, I think it all depends on your goals, really. There's a huge independent film movement in NYC which is great for aspiring film directors, ect....I'd say NYC is the American version of London in a way."

I think Kat could sense my despair about my future so she kindly changed the subject. "More drinks everyone? Sam wanna help me?" Sam smiles and leaves her seat next to her beloved Chris.

Hours into the night, all of us were pretty buzzed from all the beer we had. Many of us had early mornings while Kat, Natalie and Sam had no obligations for tomorrow. "I think I'm going to head out," Chris begins, standing up and cracking his neck. 

Tom follows his fellow actor after gulping down the rest of his beer. "As should I. Chels, you work tomorrow?" I stand up, slightly tipsy, "Yes! Of course!" I say laughing at my wobbliness. "Sam, you coming?" She waves me away with her hand, "I'm going to stay a little longer, I'll get a cab home."

Chris, Tom and I head out of the bar with both men trying to hail a cab. One after another they pass without stopping, really beginning to anger Chris. "Stupid cabs," he mumbles agitated.

I stand up and head over to the curb next to them and wave my hand in the air. Two cars pull up, stopping instantly. I turn around looking at Chris and Tom with a big smile on my face. "Take your pick." 

Chris grabs the cab at the back, "Tom, wanna split?" Tom looks at me then back at Chris. "I think I'll split with Chels, make sure she gets home okay." He says, making Chris laugh a bit.

"I'm fine Tom, really." He opens the door, helping me in. "You might be fine, but I don't trust cab drivers, especially when tipsy women are involved." he says getting in behind me.

The drive to my apartment took 20 minutes. 20 minutes out of the way for Tom, who was staying on the other side of the city. I get out of the car and begin walking up to the door, Tom following close behind. 

"You know, I'm perfectly fine Tom. Really, I appreciate it." He smiles as he helps me up the steps, his hand gracing the small of my back in support. "I know, I know. Just want to make sure you're safe," he pauses a little. "Is this your number? 503?" I shake my head and hand him the key to the door.

He opens it and sits me down at the chair next to the table. He scatter around my kitchen for glasses. "Second cuppboard, on the left." He reaches in and grabs two glasses, filling them both with water. 

"Here, this will make your morning a little more bearable." He says handing me a cup of water and two tylenols from a packet he must of got at his hotel. I take the pills and drink the water, no questions asked. I look up at Tom, his black hair, shadowing his face. "Thank you."

He runs his fingers through his mane, revealing a smile that could melt hearts. "I should go. You're home safe, headache gone. My work here is done." I get up from the chair, walking to the door. He enters the hallway, leaning against the frame. 

"Seriously Tom, thank you. You're very sweet," he blushes slightly before letting out a laugh I've never heard before. "Ehehehe, no thank you. I had a great night, I think we all did." He flashes a smile before walking over for a embrace. "I'll see you tomorrow, Chels. Get a good night sleep."

I begin to feel my cheeks redden, "I shall try. Until tomorrow Hiddleston." He lets out one last laugh before walking downstairs.

I shut the door nehind me, leaning against it. Smiling to myself, I wipe the hair from my face. I need sleep, right now. I head over to the couch, turning on the tv. 'Friends' comes on and the next thing I know my eyes start feeling heavy.

Only 5 hours until I need to be on set.

The longest 5 hours of my life.

Meeting An Old Friendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें