The School

BOOM HERES ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!! Y'all the prank my friend played on me was brutal. she said she was crushing on Grayson and I looked her up and down like "bish wut?!? HES MINNEE 👹👹👹" Thank goodness it's April Fools! Have a great day y'all!

————————————————————————

Avery, Jameson and I all sat in the car with Parker in shotgun and Oren at the wheel. Avery and Jameson are conversing in low voices. I ignored their conversation, mostly because I was embarrassed of my first meeting with Jameson Hawthorne.

The second I stepped into the car, Jameson had stared at me like he was seeing a ghost. "Cee? Is that you..?"

I stared at him back. "Who the fuck is Cee?" Jameson blinked and sat back in his seat. He didn't give me so much as a second glance, which I was completely fine with.

I realize that this is only the second time I've met Jameson, yet my sister seems to be pretty cozy with him. Despite knowing that him and Grayson are brothers, it's so hard to picture them related.

Grayson had platinum, perfectly styled hair, while Jameson had brown, shaggy and wind blown hair. Grayson had eyes rival to silver, Jameson had eyes that shone like emeralds.

Grayson was this impeccable, perfect man, but Jameson was a boy who preferred walking around half naked.

Thinking about Grayson brought my mind back to his words. You look like her. His haunted face and tormented eyes. Who, I'd asked. Grayson didn't respond and instead walked away. I'd called his name several times but he didn't look back. Now, his words echoed tauntingly in my head.

When we'd reached the school, Jameson disappeared from the car. I was about to follow after him when Avery placed a gentle hand on my knee. She shook her head once, her face clearly showing that she was deep in thought.

After a while, Avery and I got out of the car. I numbly walked beside Avery, mulling over the four words that plagued my mind. Suddenly, I realized that something wasn't quite right.

Normally, if the two richest teenagers in the world walked past you, you would probably stare at them, or at glance their way. But that didn't happen to us. Yet somehow, it felt like they were staring without even turning around. It was obvious they'd been told not to look at us. I supposed it was part of Alisa's plan to help us feel comfortable.

If that was the case, then her plan was utterly failing.

We continued to walk down the halls silently. I kept my head up but eyes down, watching my shoes clack against the hardwood floors. That's when I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned my head around and saw a girl with dark hair strut up to us.

"I'm Thea," she introduced. I took a quick scan of her person. Dark hair tumbled down her back. She somehow made the school uniforms look sexy, which I, for some reason, was impressed by. When I looked back at her face, I saw the same thing Jameson and Grayson had on their faces when they saw me for the first time. Fear.

She did a great job of masking it though, and she placed a sly smile on her lips. It must have been convincing because Avery introduced herself and me. Amateurs.

Thea immediately latched onto Avery, chatting with her. She didn't glance back at me, who was struggling to follow their quick pace. I didn't really care that Thea was ignoring me. I understood what type of person she was. Popular, really rich (at least by rich people standards I guess) and pretty.

It was obvious Thea was going to be on my bad side.

Thea led us to the principal's office—or more like she led Avery, and I trailed behind them, trying not to get lost in the ocean of students. Thea tossed instructions Avery's way but didn't bat an eyelash at me.