Chapter 6 Part 12 The South Korean Samurai Part 2

Jamie POV:

It was a staring contest, a dual between a bull and a matador. One had to get out of the way. I experienced a sudden rush of panic and became completely immobilized, similar to my past experience in a class full of bullies. I refrained from running that day, not because of my bravery in facing them, but because my body instinctively prepared itself for a potential battle.

"What is the meaning of this?'' I questioned.

''Just calm down and breath. Trust yourself.'' Jin responded.

The room was silent, with everyone joining in the staring contest. Nowhere to run or hide from smoke as the room filled up with more smoke, like a camouflage. Smoke impaired my vision and my best friends were not around to protect me.

I bowed before the samurai, and then the unthinkable happened.

The samurai mimicked my movement and bowed, but when I stood upright, it was even closer and all the smoke went straight into my nose. The samurai had disappeared.

I collapsed.

''Are you alright?'' Jin screamed.

I woke up with everyone gathered around me, but could not speak a word. It felt like a dream and my head was buzzing as they brought me to my feet.

''Everyone give him some space. We are done with training for the day. Go rest. We will all meet here in the morning.'' Jin instructed.

It felt like a dream. Jin escorted me to a bed to rest for the night.

The nightmare continued when I was alone. My soul on fire, burning from within and no water to put out the fire. Silent screams ensued when I finally caught fire and ran up and down in fear of dying.

I finally made it to a pool of water and jumped in head first, but deep under water, I still blazed.

"Jamie, wake up!" Jin shouted.

It was morning already, and the bed was wet. "Sweat, right?"

"What is happening to me?" I inquired.

"I am still trying to figure out what happened last night. I always lift my sword to encourage students, but that has never happened," Jin responded.

At the start of the training, I didn't want to cause any concern, but now there was an intense fire burning within me. We formed a line and began our usual warm-up routine, which involved kicks, punches, and plenty of shouting to activate our muscles.

The shouting now served as a stark reminder of the screaming later when in pain.

''Yes, sir! Yes, sir!'' shouted the students.

''Today we are going to learn about the 7 principles of being a samurai. The first one being loyalty!'' Jin shouted.

Loyalty is the key to a well-rounded relationship. It serves as a foundation to forge your character with others.

''I would like you all to pair up again, Jamie over here with me. The other six principles are in a booklet I will give everyone at the end of today.

Righteousness will be the shoes you wear daily!

Respect will be the mask that even though no one sees your face, they will know who you are!

Honor will be the chest armor that protects your heart from swords!

Honesty will tower on your shoulder guards for everyone to see!

Courage will be the skirt that you wear no matter where you go!

Consistency will be the sword that you use, no matter how you feel. Keep using it to restore balance to this world!

These seven principles will make you a samurai!'' Jin shouted.

Everyone started to kick and punch each other calmly while Jin moved around me slowly to attack. He came in fast with a punch that I blocked immediately and countered with a kick. We were moving at the same pace. I dodged his attacks instinctively, but he punched me right in the face as we exchanged fists that made me parry backwards in pain.

I could see his feet movement as I moved in closer for an opening and landed my very first punch into his gut.

''Jamie! Jamie! Jamie!'' Students started cheering.

''Give me all you got!'' Jin shouted.

I ran towards him with a kick, but he moved out of the way and followed up with a punch to my chest that made me take a knee for a moment.

In a moment of rage, I jumped up and moved at an incredible speed, kicking him in the gut, which sent him flying across the room. Smoke dispersed from my hair as I took a stance like the battle had just started.

I felt a surge of power that emanated from deep within me.

My life had been a cold winter in New York, but a blazing summer in South Korea.

My body moved faster and faster to keep up with Jin until I had filled the room with smoke and hit him from different angles. I had unintentionally created a camouflage for myself to fight in.

Jin bowed in respect and stopped the fight.

''Everyone, please continue practicing. Jamie, follow me,'' Jin said.

'' Why did you stop the fight? I just got warmed up,'' I asked.

Jin kept walking to the outer temple, and I followed suit. He unlocked a door and inside were different samurai garments and swords of every kind. The room was a mall for the samurai with so much to choose from. Gold, silver, and bronze armor of ancient times. 

In the corner was a black armor with a hint of gold. 

''I would like you to try it on,'' Jin said.

I fitted the armor with no hiccups, and had never felt more powerful. Jin brought a crate that had a black steel sword in it and handed it to me.

''Jamie, after what I have witnessed, you deserve the ancient sword of fire. In dark times, it will be your light,'' Jin said.

As soon as I grasped the sword, smoke dispersed from my body again, signifying the unbreakable bond that I had forged with the weapon.

The weapon turned lava red in my hands, but it did not burn me.

Chapter 6 completed of ONC 2024 

Next Chapter The Lily of The Valley 

Guys thank you all for reading till this point.

The story of Jin The South Korean Samurai chapter 1 is available