Chapter 7 Part 14 Lily of the Valley Part 2

Ashley POV:

She lit a match that cast shadows all around us, threw it on the wood, and it burnt instantly. The sound of wood burning had ignited a transformation. Two single beds with a small pit for the fire appeared, with walls that created a small cozy cottage for two with a decent rug. If I was not present right now, I would call anybody a liar who told this story.

She gave me some of her clothes while getting dressed herself. A black tracksuit that was perfect to sleep in.

Two pepper steak pies with a bottle of red wine also came from her bag while the fire burnt brightly. It reminded me of all the guys I had dated in my life. They always chose the restaurant, and I chose the food, but I always hoped one would choose the food for me. Here I was in a strange place and someone had given me the best meal possible, but it was a girl.

While we continued to chat, she walked right through the wall that made me jump up as I tried to feel the texture of the wall and my hand went right through. This was the power she possessed. An illusion that felt so real. You could not tell the difference.

I finished my meal like it was my last. The aroma of the pepper burnt into my nostrils. Divinity had a meal plan, and this was it.

''You know I always tell people if we were in the matrix whoever made the delicious meals deserved to be in charge,'' I said.

''Well then, this will stun you. I always tell people, whoever created words more powerful than action deserved to be in charge of my life,'' Nari responded.

We opened the wine and drank to those words.

''Thank you for dinner. If you ever come to New York, I would love to repay you by taking you to my favorite place,'' I said.

''I will ask my father if I can travel. Jin can be strict,'' Nari said.

''Parent's right! Your father's name is also Jin.'' I said.

''He loves the mysterious personality. I thought he told you guys that I am his daughter,'' Nari responded.

''He only mentioned that he runs things inside the hotel while you are in control outside,'' I responded.

"There will definitely be a meeting between us when I see him again. He only told me to train you for what's to come. My father was the bodyguard of Seulgi's grandmother for many years." Nari explained.

"We need to get back to the village to tell Seulgi that there is danger lurking around us," I said.

The conversation continued with a midnight snack that consisted of marshmallows placed in the fire with a few horror stories that got me clenching at my blanket.

She kept talking and talking, beating even my record of talking until her words became a far off distant sound. A master of poetry possesses an infinite of words.

I woke up in the middle of the night. The wine had brought about an undeniable urgency to use a bathroom, and Nari was still whispering in her sleep. I hesitated to walk through the wall, even though the fire was still burning, like a blind person with my hands in front of me.

Slowly I made my way through the wall but was shocked to find a lot of men far off in the distance that made me run back through the wall.

"Nari, wake up. We are surrounded," I whispered.

She got up and grabbed my hand and walked through the wall without any fear. The more I looked, the more they became, from different areas all around us. I held her hand in fear, but she continued to walk right up to the nearest group.

They had camouflaged soldier attire on, but none of them spoke. It was just silent. All I could hear was the waterfall.

When we got up close, she told me that it was her army and all of them were just an illusion to keep intruders and animals away.

My heart could not make peace with her words as it continued to pump unnecessary blood relentlessly.

My bladder, on the other hand, made me run for the nearest spot to relief myself.

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you," Nari said while laughing.

She made her way back to her bed while I observed the soldiers patrolling the area. I decided to practice until the sun comes up to be ready for anything.

I took some of the grass and weaved it together and placed the medallion around my neck and began my training.

''The sunflower awakened by the sun

  A new day met by daylight

 The water that flows may it let the flowers grow,'' I recited.

I felt my soul leave my body and travel through the waterfall and into the darkness. I felt at home here, unlike in New York. An American father and Korean mother who gave me a name like Ashley, but my features resembled that of a Korean girl out of place.

''Transporter of souls will be my new name,'' I mumbled.

Chapter 7 completed