I wrote this chapter while on my period and on my prescribed medication for periods, that just so happens to make me very tired and my brain foggy.

Ayooooo

I have no idea what's coming out right now.

Anyway... Go? Read? Enjoy?

Also Alastor is seven feet tall? What?

Tw: Violence, language, gore, mentions of assault, blood, Alastor.

Alastor was never the biggest fan of heroes.

They were always annoyingly cheery and optimistic about everything. It was rather unrealistic. 

Maybe he despised them because he empathized with the villains more. He was a serial killer and a cannibal, after all.

But oh well, everyone has their flaws.

The one person he couldn't figure out was this Soul Reaper he was trying to find. They were annoying him. He'd been hearing all sorts of nonsense about someone doing good and returning souls.

If they were so perfect, why'd they end up in Hell?

That's what he kept saying every time he heard someone mention the Soul Reaper, but everyone just shrugged and continued on their merry way.

It was infuriating to think that this Soul Reaper was more popular than him. He had a radio-show for fu-

No.

He was better than that.

And he only hated them because the deer population was shrinking, not because they were being discussed more than him.

WHY WERE THEY BEING DISCUSSED MORE THAN HIM? THE RADIO DEMON WAS NOT SECOND PLACE TO ANY WASHED-UP HERO COMPLEX SUFFERING ANGEL WANNABE.

"Uh, you good, Smiles?" Angel seemed concerned. "Your eyes are black and weird and, uh, your-"

"I'm perfectly fine." Alastor fixed his expression and straightened. His smile turned more at ease and he held his cane with a relaxed grip. "See? I'm perfectly fine."

Angel shrugged. "If ya say so."

"Has anyone seen Nyla?" Charlie worriedly asked.

Alastor's lips peeled back even further to show his teeth. "Nope. I'll go fetch her, though."

Husk clicked his tongue and gave Alastor a knowing look. "She's probably dead."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Vaggie put her hands on her hips. "Did you murder her?"

"Of course not! Why would you think I'd do something as horrid as that!" Alastor innocently said.

"Go. Go find her," Charlie whispered to Vaggie.

Vaggie nodded and started sprinting to Nyla's room. Alastor stiffened as he wondered if Nyla actually was dead...

Vaggie's scream pierced through the hotel.

They all glanced at each other and hurried to find out what happened. Alastor arrived first after melting into the shadows and appearing next to them.

Alastor gave Vaggie an unamused look, still smiling, however. "Is this it?"

"What do you mean? This is fucking insane!" Vaggie pointed at Nyla. "How- You're acting like it's normal!"

Alastor glanced up at Nyla. "I suppose this is a bit odd."