Tw: Language, sexual references, sickness? She's still feeling the effects of what he gave her. Manipulative behaviour.

Alastor considered himself a gentleman. Drugging a lady and making her believe she was just sick was not usually an activity he engaged in.

Yet he did, for some strange reason.

Thinking about it more, he felt guilt churn inside him. He thought it was possible, though, that he had a reason for doing so. 

But all he could focus on was the thought of the others caring for her when it should be him.

She belonged to him, after all.

Then he blinked in surprise.

Where did that thought come from?

"Hey, Alastor? Dad is visiting the hotel. I just wanted to give you a warning." Charlie's voice broke through to him.

Alastor grinned. "Lovely! A visit from dear, old dad! I'll make sure to prep the kitchen knives!"

"Alastor." Vaggie sent him a sharp look.

"I'm joking, of course!" Alastor exclaimed. His expression darkened. "It would dull the kitchen knives."

"Do you think he'd mind if I called him daddy?" Angel asked from the couch.

Husk groaned. "You really aren't picky, are you?"

"What? Are you saying you wouldn't fuck the king of Hell?" Angel gasped. "I'm just saying, someone who's in charge all the time is gonna be in charge elsewhere..."

Charlie gagged. "Gross."

"Unfortunately," Alastor faked a heavy sigh, "it seems our dear Nyla is unwell. So while your father is here, I will be watching over her."

"Oh, no," Charlie said. "Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine," Alastor dismissively said. "I'll be going back up in a minute, I just wanted to alert you all to my presence being somewhere else."

"Why are you taking care of her?" Vaggie suspiciously asked.

"Why would I not? Do you really think so poorly of me?" Alastor's eyes fell halfway shut. "Do I really seem like such a monster?"

"Yes."

Alastor strutted away. "Maybe I'm just trying to prove what a caring person I am."

"I doubt that," Vaggie called after him.

"How are you feeling, dear?" Alastor softly asked as he tapped on her door. After a minute went by without a response, he slowly opened the door. "Nyla?"

She was draped across the bed, feet thrown over one of the sides. Her hair was limp around her face and her skin had a feverish look to it.

Alastor bustled forward and placed a hand on her forehead, clicking his tongue as he pulled it away. "Oh dear. Perhaps I gave you too much..."

She mumbled his name and her eyes fluttered open. She seemed dazed and confused. "D- Did you find out?"

"Find out what?" Alastor questioned as he helped her sit up.

Nyla's head lolled to the side. "My secret."

Alastor straightened her and arranged the pillows to support her. "I'm intrigued, darling."