Tw: Language.

Mine.

That was what Alastor was thinking as they walked back to the hotel. He was very pleased that she trusted him enough to return to the hotel, but he was also unhappy that he no longer had some form of control over her.

Perhaps the whole Envy thing was having an influence over his thoughts, but that didn't matter. Nothing mattered as long as she was by his side where she belonged. She was currently walking by his side, so she was where she belonged.

"You feeling okay?" Nyla held out a hand, but didn't touch him.

Alastor beamed down at her. "I'm perfectly fine, darling!"

"Okay," Nyla skeptically said. "You just had a look on your face..."

"Nothing to worry your pretty head about," Alastor dismissively said, waving a hand.

Nyla wrinkled her nose. "If you say so." 

They entered the hotel, and she glanced at the time before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Something the matter, dear?" Alastor turned on his heel to face her.

Nyla examined her nails. "I have a date. I need to go change."

Alastor's eye twitched. "A what now?"

"A date," she repeated. "I'll be back in a moment."

She slipped away to go change while his fingers tightened around his cane. Alastor perched himself in an armchair, crossing his legs.

"What do you think?" Nyla looked down at her green shirt and black pants. "Is it too casual? He did say to dress casually, but is this too casually?"

"Depends on where you're going." Alastor stepped closer and adjusted her neckline, stepping back to assess it. 

"I'm not sure. He's leaving it a surprise." Nyla turned a mirror and fluffed her hair. She gave him a hesitant smile. "Are you sure I look okay? I want to have a nice first date."

Alastor nodded. "You look fine."

"Fine?" Nyla grimaced. "I should change."

Alastor clicked his tongue. "If he hasn't even informed you as to where you're going, why should you dress up? That outfit will do."

She smiled softly. "Thanks, Alastor. You're really turning into a great friend."

"Why, of course, my dear," he responded chuckling. "I'm glad we can finally be friends."

"I should go. He's probably waiting outside." Nyla smiled once again before waving goodbye.

"Have a good time!" Alastor called. As soon as she was out of sight, he began seething in anger. Not anger that she was dating someone -he didn't care about that- but anger that she was dating some horrible man who didn't even walk up to the door to pick her up.

Angel approached and opened his mouth, but Alastor shot him a sharp look.

"Not in the mood," Alastor swiftly said, pushing past him.

Angel shrugged and plopped down on the couch, running a finger along his legs. "I guess you don't want to hear about her date then. I know who he is..."

Alastor let out heavy sigh through his nostrils. "Spit it out. You clearly want to tell me."

"Her date is in Hell because he killed someone." Angel leaned over slightly and placed his chin in his hand, propping it up with his elbow. "He killed the girl he was datin'"