Chapter 2: It Shall Be Ours

"One person's craziness, is another person's reality." - Tim Burton

Two Days After Jaehaerys' Death

"I shall have their heads in return," Helaena said monotonely. "They took my son's life and stole his head. He may never be whole again. They will pay with theirs," she hissed.

Aegon watched Helaena blankly. Alicent was appalled at the words her daughter was spouting. "My dearest love, I know you're hurting, but you cannot say such things," Alicent placated.

"Blood and Cheese will lose their heads. I will behead them myself. They will pay for my son's life with their own," Helaena snarled, a small, crazed twinkle in her wide eyes.

A guardsman came running into the room. "The butcher has been caught at the Gate of the Gods. He was carrying Prince Jaehaerys' head," he informed.

Helaena walked toward Aegon and grasped his hands in hers. "Our son can be whole again," Helaena beamed with a too-wide smile on her face.

Aegon turned his head to the guardsman. "What of the ratchatcher?" He inquired.

"We have not located him as of yet, Your Grace," the guardsman said disappointedly.

"In a maze, winding passage ways. The Dragon finds the Rat," Helaena mumbled to Aegon.

Aegon looked back to Helaena and took a moment to analyze what she had said. He gave the guardsman another glance. "Search Maegor's passage ways throughout the castle. That's how they got in. It's how he will try to get out."

"At once, Your Grace," the guardsman assented, rushing out of the room to relay the order.

"Revenge will be ours," Helaena chirped, that too-big grin still present on her face.

Aegon looked into her eyes. He noted a certain crazed look that had never been there before, but he also noted her sorrow which mirrored his own.

"Yes. Revenge will be ours," Aegon said resolutely.

That is a promise.