Chapter 6: With My Life

"Come closer, until I no longer know where I end and you begin." - Unknown

Sixteen Days After Jaehaerys' Death

Aegon had not been to see his whores since Jaehaerys' death. He had not the heart to keep disrespecting his wife as he had when she had suffered something so horrific.

He did not wish to hurt her more.

He thought for sure that she would not wish to share a bed after their son's death, but that was not the case. In fact, she had become more dependant on the nights where he'd hold her while she cried.

She had told him that those nights kept her from falling apart. Kept her as sane as she possibly could be in their situation.

Aegon had also lessened his drinking, wanting to be as present as he could be for his wife and mother.

As he slid into bed that night he wrapped his arms around Helaena's waist, placing a kiss on her shoulder.

She turned to him and looked into his eyes before leaning toward him, placing her lips softly over his.

Aegon pulled away. "Helaena, we can't."

"Aegon," she whispered, pleading. "Please, just this once," she said quietly.

Aegon examined her face, the look of rejection plane to see. She couldn't be rejected. Not now. If he rejected her now, she'd sink. She needed to be loved. And this was the only way she knew how to be loved. She didn't know another way. She's was rarely shown love by their mother. Nor their grandfather. Though they both tried to do what they could.

Aegon nodded slowly. "Okay." He placed his hand on her cheek. He caressed her face with his thumb before kissing her gently.

Helaena sat up and removed her shift, baring her body to him. Aegon removed his shirt and undid the laces of his trousers.

Helaena pulled him on top of her. "Be gentle," she whispered.

Aegon nodded, entering her slowly. Helaena gasped quietly, her mouth hanging open. Aegon pulled out slightly before pushing further in. Helaena's eyes flutter closed, another gasp leaving her mouth.

Aegon panted shakily, leaning his head on Helaena's shoulder. Tears began to fall down his face, Helaena's eyes tearing up at the sight.

Aegon leaned up to kiss Helaena desperately, still thrusting deep into her. "I love you," he said. He kissed her again. "I love you," he said again. He repeated it between kisses like a mantra. Like a promise.

He reached his hand down between Helaena's legs and began to rub her pearl softly. A moan escaped Helaena's throat.

Aegon kept rubbing until Helaena's climax washed over her in waves of pleasure. The feeling of her squeezing around him sent him over the edge after her.

Aegon lyed down next to her, panting. He turned to look at her and found that she was already watching him.

"Do you truly love me?" Helaena asked.

"I love you and our children more than anything in the world. More than mother's love. More than the crown. More than life. You are what matters most to me," Aegon spoke, placing a kiss on Helaena's forehead.

Helaena smiled softly. "We are to have a daughter. I've seen it," she said quietly.

"A daughter?" Aegon asked, astonished.

Helaena nodded. "Her name will be Aegelle. After our great-aunt Maegelle."

Aegon rolled over onto his stomach and began to pepper kisses all over Helaena's face. New tears began to fall down his face. Tears of joy. "Another daughter, sure to be almost as beautiful as you, my love."

"I'll protect her and our other children with my life. I swear this to you, Hel."