Chapter 8: Come Back To Us

"A promise made must be a promise kept." - Aristotle

Thirty-Nine Days After Jaehaerys' Death

The next day, Helaena prepared to leave for Stone Hedge. She had some of her belongings packed and was preparing to say goodbye.

She rode a horse to the Dragon Pit where the Dragonkeepers had brought Dreamfyre out of her lair. Aegon, Aemond, her mother, Alicent, and her grandfather, Otto, were waiting for her.

Helaena hugged her grandfather first. Next, was her mother. "Be safe, my dearest love," Alicent pleaded.

"I will be back within a fortnight unharmed, Mother," Helaena swore.

She moved next, to Aemond. "Take care of everyone, Little Brother," Helaena said, wrapping her arms around him. She pulled away then, placing a kiss on his forehead. "Make sure Jaehaera goes to her lessons with the Septa and take Little Maelor on walks through the gardens."

Aemond nodded before hugging her again.

Lastly, Helaena moved to Aegon. His eyes were watery but no tears left them. "Make certain that you come back to us," he said.

"I will,  My Dragon," Helaena vowed. "To you and to our little hatchlings. I swear it."

Helaena pulled Aegon into a hug, placing kiss on his cheek. She pulled back and placed a peck on his lips. She gave him a small smile.

She walked to Dreamfyre. "Hello, my sweet girl. It has been so long hasn't it?"

Dreamfyre rumbled in agreement before lowering her head for Helaena to climb onto her back.

"Naejot!" Helaena called out to Dreamfyre once she was seated in the saddle.

Dreamfyre began to move forward toward the gates of the Dragon Pit. Once Dreamfyre exited the Dragon Pit, Helaena on her back, Helaena looked back to Aegon. "Avy jorrāelan, issa Zaldrīzes!" Helaena called.  "Nyke jāhor māzigon arlī naejot ao!"

Helaena looked up to the sky. "Soves!" She commanded Dreamfyre.

Dreamfyre spread her wings wide and took to the air, understanding what her and her rider were tasked with.