Chapter 7: Cuddles and famous visitors

The sun had slowly risen on the horizon

The sun had slowly risen on the horizon... specks of light were flowing through the spaces of the hospital curtains... the hospital hallway was filled with patients, nurses and doctors roaming around... meanwhile the couple was still oblivious to everything around them as they were snuggled comfortably against each other.

Cyril felt sudden uneasiness and slowly opened his eyes. He smiled when he saw his still sleeping girlfriend snuggled securely on his chest with one hand fisting his shirt.

"Eira must have thought I was a pillow or her stuffed toy" he chuckled.

*FLASH*

Cyril blinked "..."

*FLASH*

Cyril looked up and saw the heart specialist snapping pictures of them sleeping, Mr. and Mrs. Choi smiling at the heart specialist's antics and nurses giggling and whispering behind them.

"Uh... we just..." Cyril scrambled on as he carefully placed Eira's head down on the pillow and tried to remove the hand clutching his shirt but Eira was gripping way too tight so he was having difficulties.

"No.. no...its okay!" the doctor replied while still snapping pictures, the nurses behind him nodding in reply.

"It's okay son, we trust you... besides, I know Eira must have begged you to cuddle with her", Mr. Choi answered when he saw the guilt etched on Cyril's face.

Cyril gave a smile at Mr. Choi then tried to remove Eira's had on his shirt which earned a grunt from the sleeping girl. Cyril had no choice but to lightly shake Eira's shoulders.

"Love, let go of my shirt please...."

"Hmm... no...don't wanna..."

Ignoring the gushes and mumbles of "aw... she's so cute!!" and "they look so adorable together", Cyril gave another shake plus a pat on Eira's cheek, "love... your mom and dad are here. Wake up..."

Eira slowly let Cyril's shirt go as she yawned and rubbed her eyes. Cyril took the opportunity to slide off the bed and smooth the part Eira gripped on his shirt while she was asleep. Eira sat up with her pink and bloated cheeks and smiled with her eyes still closed...

  Eira sat up with her pink and bloated cheeks and smiled with her eyes still closed