Ch. 5

Today is the day that I will ride New Moon. I can't wait!

The thought of me on a Fresian has really amped up my Fresian obsession, and I've been staring at pictures of them ALL DAY.

Then I realized that I haven't checked Dream Horse for any new Fresian ads. I'll do that now; I've got about ten minutes before I have to go to the barn, and I'm ready for my practice.

I typed in Dream Horse on the computer, and the first thing that came up I clicked. Then, I went to the advanced search, and typed in Fresians in New Mexico.

I looked at the ads that came up. Sigh. No new ones. I scrolled down to the horse that I have been drooling over, and I froze when the ad said he is now living at Desert Flower Stables.

What?

Then something snapped in my mind. New Moon is the horse I've been drooling over for months, and his ad says he's at Desert Flower, but he's still for sale, and right now, Kayla just got a new horse named New Moon, that just happened to also be a Fresian, and she asked me to ride him!

I'm riding my Dream Horse!

Today!!

AAAHH!!!

"MMMOOOOMMM!!!!! WE GOTTA GO TO THE STABLE RIGHT NOW!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, then ran out of the office, and started to pull my boots on.

"Okay okay, chill," Mom said, and we got into our car, and sped off to the barn.

***
The ride took FOREVER! Even though it was only 15 minutes, it felt like 15 hours!

I was unbuckling my seat belt and opening the door before the car was even at a complete stop. I raced to the barn, and just checked the board to make sure that I was still riding New Moon, and sure enough, New Moon was printed neatly by my name. I beamed, then grabbed all his tack and brush box, and brought it to a pair of cross ties, then headed to New Moon's stall.

I passed tons of stalls, until I finally got to the one. I looked inside of it, and there was a gorgeous, black, Fresian. New Moon.

I clucked to him and said, "New Moon." He looked at me, then pinned his ears back, and walked to the corner of his stall. "Oh, don't be grouchy," I said, and grabbed his bright blue halter and lead rope, then opened his stall door, and went in.

I walked up to him, and laid my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me, then pinned his ears back at me. I rolled my eyes, then slipped his halter over his head, and buckled it snug. He obediently followed me to the pair of cross ties, and I started to groomed his shiny coat.

The whole time I brushed him, he was docile. He was a dream to tack up, and I led him into the indoor arena.

Flora and Peyton were already warming up, so I decided that they were too busy to talk, so I mounted New Moon, and we walked around the ring. He was sooooo smooth! When I brought him to a trot, I was in awe. And when I cantered, well, let's just it was not bad. It was the opposite. It was marvelous!

"Girls! Bring your horses into the center," Kayla boomed, and we brought our horses to the center. Strange, today Kayla was on a horse! She was riding Sam, a young bay horse that she's training. "Today, we are working on dressage." I nodded my head, and listened to Kayla. "I want you guys to work on leg yielding. We will take turns leg yielding from this cone, to the wall at a walk. I will show you first, and then you guys can try," she said, then collected Sam, and walked to the cone. "You are going to use your inside leg, and use it to push your horse to the side, and take your outside reign, and pull a little to tell them which direction your going. Your going to walk a few steps, then ask them to move off your leg, then walk a few more steps, then ask again, and so on. Watch me," Kayla said, and I watched her as she perfectly leg yielded Sam to the wall. This could be tough.