Ch. 15

"Faith! Get dressed in some shorts and a tank top! We're going to the gym," Dad said, and I walked towards him with a questioning look on my face.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, since you haven't been riding for a week, I think it's time for you to find a new sport to do," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"No thanks," I said, and started to walk away..

"You don't have a choice," Dad said in his annoying parent voice.

I groaned. "Fine," I said, then went to my room and changed into Nike shorts, a blue athletic tank top, and some thin socks. I slipped on my tennis shoes and quickly swept my hair up into a high ponytail.

I reluctantly followed Dad out to the car, and hopped in the backseat. We drove to the gym my dad works out at, and he showed the person at the front desk his membership card, and we went right in.

"So, what sport to you like?" he asked as we stood in the middle of an empty court.

"Horse back riding," I said smartly.

"Ha ha," Dad said sarcastically. "What sport do you like that involves a ball?"

"Polo," I sassed him again, and he gave me a warning look.

"You're on thin ice," he said, and then asked, "What sport do you like that does NOT include horses?"

"I don't know!" I sighed. "I guess I kinda like soccer and volleyball," I peeped quietly, and Dad nodded. 

"We'll start with soccer," he said, then jogged off to go borrow a soccer ball while I headed to the indoor soccer field.

***

"Well that was a bust," I said 30 minutes later after trying soccer. I was horrible at it. I couldn't kick the ball, no matter how hard I tried! I kept missing.

"You'll get it, it just takes practice," Dad said. "How about we take a little break and try some volleyball?" he suggested.

"Eh, why not? It can't be worse than this," I said, and then we trudged back to the court. 

Dad quickly replaced the soccer ball and fetched a volleyball. Then he showed my how to hold my hands and pass a volleyball.

He tossed me the ball, and I bent low, and used my legs and kept my arms flat to pass the ball back to Dad. It actually made it to Dad!

"Way to go! Let's keep going," Dad said, and we continued to practice passing the ball.

*  *  *

An hour later we were back at home, and I was signed up for a recreational volleyball team that had practices 2 times a week, and a game every Saturday morning.

"I'm telling you, she's got real talent!" Dad gushed as he told Mom everything. Dad was ecstatic, but me on the other hand, was not so ecstatic. I missed Hope and Desert Flower so so much!

******

Later that night, before I went to bed, I got a call. I looked at the ID, and it said Kayla from DF. Kayla! I quickly answered. 

"Hey Kayla," I said quietly.

"Hey Faith," she said softly. "I'm so sorry that you have to stop riding."

"Me too," I said sadly.

"Hope misses you," she said, and I frowned.

"I really miss her, too," I said, and then added, "tell her I said hello."

"I will. And hey, I'm gonna try to talk to your parents to see if we can make some type of deal."

"Really? Like what kind?"

"Well, if you continue to work, I'll reduce the cost of lessons, and then you can keep working with Hope and Moon," Kayla suggested, and I broke out into a grin.

"Really?!" I squeaked, and I could hear Kayla smile.

"Yep. Well, I'll contact them tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll see you soon," Kayla said.

"Okay, goodnight!" I said, excited and hopeful.

"Bye, Faith," she said, and then hung up.

I grinned and spun around in a circle. There might be a chance that I'll get to ride Hope again! I was hopeful, and I held on to my happy mood for the rest of the night.

>>><<<

A/N: hey guys I'm so so so so so so so sorry that it's been 12 DAYS since ive updated!!! Its unacceptable and unfair to you guys. School has been crazy and Ive had a lot of homework to do, and along with volleyball and riding there hasnt been much time AT ALL! I'm gonna get to work on the next chapter, and hopefully I'll get to work on Blind Faith a bit tomorrow and maybe wednesday. Idk i'll try guys! thx bye bye:)