Chapter 8: Confrontation

(Does my name still ring bells within you?) -Author

Azure stares at crimson eyes. Both trying to gauge one another, scrutinizing the tiniest movement their opponents make.

While Rimuru and the Ogres are having their confrontation. A much more intensifying battle was happening on the far side of the forest.

Dawn holding her crystalline sword tight was moving deeper into the forest despite the barrage of attacks going at her.

Dodging and weaving through magical projectiles despite Dawn herself being a mix fusion of superior beings a single hit would be fatal for her.

'she's strong' Dawn thought.

"How long will you keep running little mouse?" A voice came from up above.

It was Ciel levitating above the forest smiling gleefully as she watch Dawn scurried down beneath her.

Surrounded my numerous magic circles moving her hands similar to a conductor without the baton, never removing her sight towards Dawn.

"Tch, she's toying with me but knowing her there's definitely more than it meets the eye" Dawn grumbled in annoyance.

"Well then" Psyching herself up for a moment, she stopped on her heels and turned a 180° running towards her. Her crystalline sword glowed in hue matching with her thoughts.

Dawn propelled herself upwards and activated spatial transport. In a blink of an eye she appeared Infront of Ciel. She swung her sword towards her while Ciel kept a composed face right Infront of dawn.

*Clang!*

A loud metallic like sound reverberated near them, Dawn's sword mere inches to Ciel's neck on which is stopped by a barrier creating sparks.

"Fascinating" Ciel spoke.

"Shut up!" Dawn yelled putting more strength towards her sword causing Ciel's eyes to widen in surprise.

She activated instant motion and teleported a tad bit far at Dawn. Her face contorts in displeasure, Ciel stared strongly at Dawn's weapon. Few milliseconds was all it takes for her to reach a conclusion.

"So your weapon renders everything null, ceasing the existence of laws and authority to everything it makes contact to" Ciel spoke giving an accurate description towards her sword.

"Well, it's a fancy toy that old lizard gave me" Dawn replied.

Ciel stayed immersed in her thoughts, she then snapped her finger and a sword similar to Dawn materialized at her hand.

"Then why don't we test it out more?" Ciel asked.

Dawn could only grip her sword tightly as she said those words. In an instant both of them disappeared from their place.

Teleporting from one place to another within the forest, exchanging flurry of attacks to one another. Causing severe damage and aftershocks in the forest.

Ciel remained composed as she swung her sword downward towards her, Dawn then immediately parried it as her left arm surged with magicule delivering a palm strike infront of her.

Having the attack completely blocked by one of her barriers, Ciel was still sent flying with the force coming from the strike.

Ciel then repositioned herself mid-air and pointed a finger on Dawn who is fast approaching.

"Bang"

A white beam then flew at the tip of her finger.

'That-!' Dawn then killed her momentum and rolled to the side hiding behind a tree.