Somewhere far from the city while riding on horses the two apes and the two human were wandering.

Axel and nav were listening to stories about where Reiner and Meave are from especially about zoos.

"These zoos you speak of..." Axel spoke "what are they? this word is not familiar"

"Zoos are where we find our last few apes" Reiner answered.

"What happened to them?" Nav asked.

"Gone." Maeve answered. "After we cut down forests...the ones who survived were locked up in cages for amusement or used for scientific experiment."

"That's horrible" nav said in shock.

"We do worse to our own kind" Reiner said.

"I don't understand. You two seem intelligent." Axel said.

"Smarter we get, the more dangerous our world becomes." Meave said.

Axel looks at Meave "I knew it you're sensitive. It's a common quality in a female.. that is okay, we have right to feel sensitive when they feel so"

"Why don't your apes object to the way you treat them?" Nav asked in confusion.

"Our apes can't talk" Reiner said.

"Maybe they choose not to, given the way you treat them." Axel said.

"Not all of us think that way" Meave assured. "Some of us don't believe apes should be in cages"

Axel smiled but didn't look at her. He knew in his heart he would trust humans.