The group continued on their journey day and night when they come across a field of purple flowers.

Axel look at the flowers while riding a horse and decide to pick one and give it to maeve As she smiles and sniffs it before accepting his offer.

Reiner noticed as he heard nav hoot teasingly.

In the evening everyone stated to make camp and ate some food.

Maeve noticed Axel was sitting alone and she goes up and sit beside him. Axel noticed but was nervous but let her sit.

"You all right?" Meave asked him.

"I am fine" he said frowning "just thinking about cid."

Maeve nods in understanding "she was a nice ape. It must've been hard leaving her behind."

"It was... when my parents died, she took me in and raised me as her own... she did the same for nav."

"What happened to nav's parents?"

"His mother... was sick before giving birth to him. After he was born his mother passed and his father was... killed during hunting."

"And your parents?" She asked.

Axel shrugged "I do not know... cid wouldn't tell me. But what she told me was she and my parents were old friends. And beloved that human and ape should be equals. And I feel the same way."

"Am I your equal?" Meave asked.

"You are." Then he looks up at the stars "you must miss your family"

She looks up as well "I do... my parents died in an ancient I was 12.I'm an only child. Reiner and his family took me in"

Axel looks to Reiner talking to nav then looks back at Maeve "what about your mate?"

Maeve raised a brow at him "my mate?"

He looks down embarrassed "Are you...seeing someone....Where you from?"

Maeve just chuckled "Imagine me needing someone. Back on Earth, I never did. There were lots of men, women, and others in between, lots of love making but no love. That was the kind of world we'd made. So I left beside wanting to be an astronaut it's because there was no one to hold me there. Even though I was fine with being single. Did I tell you about Maxwell ?Now there was a charming man. Was a few years older than me and was very smart and very flirty. Probably just as well he didn't make it this far."

Axel was understanding that she's not in a relationship but he wonder himself why did he ask that question to her.

"I see.."

"What about you?" Maeve asked.

"What?"

"Do you have a mate?"

Axel shook his head "I do not... let's say I'm not lucky"

They both chuckled and watched the stars together.

Innthe other fire Reiner watched as he sees Maeve laugh within Axel and putting her head on his shoulder. Not sure what to think.

"They seem pretty close" nav said watching them.

Reiner looks at him "what do you mean?"

"Look at them" he points at Axel and Maeve laughing together. "They are close I think the have... feelings for each other."

Reiner laughs "they can't be. Those two are two different species"

"In our history it was spoken there was one of this.. crossed species relations" nav said. "Long before our time there was a human female that fell from the sky. And ape saved her from death... the two formed a bond... and stated to get closer to each other. The ape was the grandson of the first ape that spoke."

Reiner was impressed with what nav knows "you certainly know your history." He complimented.

"I learn from my parents. Before they..." he couldn't finish when tears fall in his eyes.

Reiner scoots closer and put his arm around nav. "I understand" he said "I know what it's like loosing those you care about"

Then for the rest of the night everyone enjoyed the campfire then started to fall asleep.