chapter one

The only reason why Shea had gotten the job at the nightclub, was purely for her own entertainment

She loved going out, drinking, dancing and meeting new people. Her mother would have been horrified if she'd known, but then again, she'd have probably been more upset that her daughter was spending money instead of saving it.

It's not like they HAD to save money, but her mother was always on her ass for everything.

Shea was the one who had to take care of everything while her mother would just throw parties and act like the rich little bitch that she was. Shea hated it, but she couldn't really do anything about it.

And to be honest, she didn't really care much as long as she avoided her mother as much as possible. Tonight was just another night at the club. She was walking around, serving drinks and laughing with her friends when she spotted him. The man. Chris Brown.

Her friend, Persephone, came running over to her, squealing. "Do you see who just walked in?" she asked, practically gagging. Shea glanced over her shoulder, her eyes widening slightly when they met his. She knew exactly who he was.

He glanced over at her, but it wasn't like a meaningful glance. It was just him looking around the room, taking everything in. He didn't seem to notice her. Yet.

"Who's gonna go over there and ask him what he wants?" Persephone asked Shea, nervous energy practically radiating off of her.

"Not me. I stutter." Belladonna, another one of her friends, answered, grinning.

"I'm too nervous. Shea, can you do it?" Persephone looked up at her, hopeful. Shea hesitated for a moment before nodding. Might as well get it over with. She walked over to where he was standing, trying to play it cool.

She cleared her throat and took out her notepad. "Um ... good evening, sir. What would you like to drink tonight? We have a wide variety of options for you to choose from, including specialty cocktails, beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. Just let me know what you like and I'll get it right out for you. My name's Shea, by the way. One of the servers here. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask, okay?" She smiled at him, trying her best to sound both friendly and professional.

Chris looked up at her and so did his friends, which low key stressed her out. But he smiled back and shook his head. "Yeah, lemme see what they got on tap. And a bottle of that Ace of Spades, please."

Shea had no idea what that was, but she wrote it down, promising to get it for him. "No problem. I'll have that right out for you." She glanced over her shoulder at one of the bartenders and waved them over. "What the hell is Ace of Spades?" she whispered into their ear.

The bartender laughed. "It's a champagne, babe. Don't worry about it. I got you." They nodded in Chris's direction, giving him a little smile before turning back to Shea. "I'll get that right out for you. Anything else for the table?"