chapter eleven.

{ 1 YEAR AGO -- before Shea found out }

Cassie gasped as Chris's fingers continued to dig into her hips, her body arching against his in response. Her head tilted back, mouth open as she let out a moan, her breath hot against his neck. Chris's other hand gripped her hair, pulling it back, exposing her neck to him. He leaned in, teeth grazing her skin before biting down, hard. Cassie cried out, a mixture of pain and pleasure flooding her senses. "Fuck," she hissed, her body trembling beneath him.

He pulled back, his gaze searching hers, his expression intense. "You like that?" he growled, his voice rough with desire. Cassie nodded, unable to find her voice as she stared up at him, feeling utterly consumed by him. His fingers tracing the line of her jaw, down her neck, and back up to her ear. His lips found hers, forcing his tongue past her teeth in a hungry, demanding kiss.

He had been allowing for her to get to his head a bit too much, but he needed her. Needed her to understand that she was his, that no one else would ever have her like this. He pushed her back onto the bed, pinning her beneath his weight as he continued to kiss her, his hand moving between their bodies, his fingers finding the wetness that she ached for. "You're so fucking wet for me," he groaned into her mouth, his hips grinding against her. Cassie arched her back, her nails digging into his shoulders as she felt him pressing against her, his erection demanding entrance. "Yes," she breathed, her eyes fluttering closed as he finally slid inside her, filling her completely.

There was no better feeling to her than this -- being with Chris. Being owned by him. Even if it meant that she was hurting Shea in the process. She could never tell Shea the truth, she knew that. She just had to keep on pretending, keep playing the part of their perfect couple. As long as it meant she could have this, she could keep lying to her best friend.

Cassie would face Shea only hours after being fucked by Chris. And she would smile and act like nothing was wrong, like she hadn't just betrayed her best friend's trust. Because that's what she had to do. She had to keep living this lie, keep pretending, just for a little while longer. Just until she could find a way out of this mess. Just until she could make it right.

"I feel like the villain." Cassie cried to Chris, feeling tears prick her eyes as she lay beneath him, his weight pressing down on her. "I can't believe I'm doing this to her."

Chris had gotten irritated with Cassie's mood swings lately, but he couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt himself. "You can either stop seeing me or stop crying and just deal with it."

He sat up, buckling his pants, and pulled on a t-shirt. "We should go get some food, you must be hungry." He paused, glancing at the clock. "It's late. Maybe we should just get some takeout and head back to your place." He didn't want to spend any more time at his house than he had to. The last thing he needed was for Shea to suspect anything.

Cassie sniffled as she shook her head. "She's my best friend and I'm so fucking shitty by sitting here and fucking her boyfriend." She buried her face in her hands, feeling completely and utterly miserable.