#threatened

SHE ABSENTMINDEDLY TAPPED her chopsticks against the food, her hand trembling slightly as she stared intently at a single spot amidst the array of dishes on her bowl

her chopsticks against the food, her hand trembling slightly as she stared intently at a single spot amidst the array of dishes on her bowl. With each passing moment, her eyelids grew heavier, and she found herself slipping into a state of drowsiness, all the while fixated on that solitary point in her meal.

It had been an eternity since she had felt such intense anger – not even during her childhood, when her brother had callously shattered her beloved football, a cherished relic of her clandestine games with Sae and Rin. Back then, even when he betrayed her by snitching to their parents about her forbidden football antics, her anger hadn't reached these heights. Now, as she reflected on those memories, the flames of resentment within her blazed fiercer than ever.

Y/N harbored a quiet hope that the subject of her relationship with Ego wouldn't surface, with whispers insinuating that her inclusion in Blue Lock was solely due to familial ties. The mere thought of it filled her with frustration – the idea that everyone would jump to such a conclusion. Yet, paradoxically, a part of her longed for the topic to resurface, if only to seize the opportunity to prove her worth on her own merits, to demonstrate unequivocally that her presence in Blue Lock was earned, not handed to her on the coattails of her connection to Ego.

"You seem... uh..." Hiori paused, his gaze shifting to Y/N, who kept her eyes trained on her bowl of food. "Angry," he remarked, his tone tinged with uncertainty, as he noted the clenched jaw and furrowed brows, signs of simmering frustration evident in Y/N's demeanor.

"I'm fine," she replied, her voice devoid of emotion as she kept her gaze fixed on her meal, refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

Hiori had only become acquainted with Y/N during the second selection when they were grouped together on a team, so he didn't know her very well yet. Despite this, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss, but he opted to refrain from broaching the subject for now – especially with everyone present and listening.

"Damn him..." Isagi's expression contorted in visible fury, mirroring Y/N's own anger. "Thanks to him, I'm stuck at the bottom of the rankings!"

Y/N abruptly rose from her seat, her eyes still fixed on her untouched bowl. "Not hungry. Anyone want it?" she offered, her voice devoid of its usual warmth. With a fleeting smile directed at the boys, she swiftly exited the cafeteria, navigating the long hallways until she disappeared into her room. Her departure left behind an uneasy silence, weighted with unspoken tension.

The notion that Ego might favor Y/N even more was underscored by a seemingly indisputable fact: she had her own private room. This wasn't always the case in the early days of Blue Lock, where she had to share everything with the rest of the boys. However, after numerous complaints from her end, Ego relented and granted her request for a separate living space, complete with its own shower and toilet facilities.