#uncle

AS HER EYELIDS FLUTTERED OPEN, she groaned softly, feeling the warmth of the sun invading her peaceful slumber

she groaned softly, feeling the warmth of the sun invading her peaceful slumber. With a reluctant sigh, she stretched out her limbs, the fatigue of the night still lingering in her bones. Just as she was beginning to fully awaken, another insistent knock echoed through the room, breaking the tranquil morning silence and drawing her attention to the door.

He swung the door open eagerly, his steps echoing softly on the floorboards as he made his way towards Y/N's slumbering form. A wide grin adorned his face, brimming with excitement, as he settled down beside her on the bed. Gently, he reached out, nudging her shoulder with playful insistence. "Y/N, wake up!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with anticipation. "Ojisan is coming today!" With a series of gentle shakes, he roused her from her sleep, eager to share the news.

"Nii-chan..." Y/N's giggles filled the room as he playfully began to tickle her, her laughter echoing against the walls. "He won't be coming until later in the afternoon!" she managed to protest between bouts of laughter, her words punctuated by gasps for breath as she tried to fend off his teasing advances.

With a mischievous sparkle in his eyes, the seven-year-old boy rose from the bed, his smile widening as he looked at his sister. "Doesn't matter!" he declared cheerfully, brushing off her reminder about their uncle's arrival time. "Oh, and papa came yesterday when we were sleeping," he added, excitement bubbling in his voice as he shared the news. "C'mon, let's go say hello to him!" he suggested eagerly, already heading towards the door with boundless energy.

Y/N, the five-year-old, sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes. "But doesn't he have business with Mikage-san?" she questioned, her voice tinged with curiosity as she tried to make sense of the situation.

Yuta eagerly pulled Y/N from the bed, gently coaxing her downstairs to finally reunite with their father. "I don't know much about that," he admitted with a shrug, "but the most important thing is that he's back, right?" His tone was filled with optimism, emphasizing the joy of their father's return above all else.

As they descended the stairs, Y/N couldn't contain her laughter, amused by her older brother's exuberance. She observed how he practically bounced with excitement, his eagerness palpable as they made their way downstairs to greet their father, after his two-month absence in Tokyo.

During their time in Kamakura, Yuta and Y/N rarely had the opportunity to see their father due to his business commitments in Tokyo. Despite the relatively short distance between the two cities, their father's visits home were infrequent, often stretching to a two-month interval. The separation weighed heavily on the siblings, amplifying their anticipation for each precious moment spent together as a family.

Furthermore, his visits would typically last no longer than two days.

As they entered the living room, Yuta and Y/N observed their parents engaged in conversation. Their mother appeared slightly agitated, her brows furrowed in frustration, while their father remained composed, absorbed in his phone as he calmly read through his messages. The atmosphere in the room was tense, with an undercurrent of unresolved tension lingering between them.