#mesmerized

SHE PAUSED TO TAKE A sip from her water bottle, her chest heaving as she struggled to catch her breath, beads of sweat glistening on her forehead

sip from her water bottle, her chest heaving as she struggled to catch her breath, beads of sweat glistening on her forehead. After completing their one-touch mini-game training session with the whole team, Y/N turned to Hiori and proposed the idea of continuing their training together, to which he readily agreed. well, their training lasted for two hours.

"they're amazing," Y/N exclaimed, still catching her breath. "Those German guys really know how to impress, don't they?"

"I suppose they're not putting in much effort," Hiori concurred, lifting his bottle to take a sip. With a sudden motion, she reclined onto her back, exhaling heavily as she shut her eyes, seeking a moment of repose.

Y/N made a conscious effort to stay awake, not wanting to doze off on the grassy field. Exhaustion weighed heavily on her after the intense one-touch game and subsequent training session with Hiori. Adding to her fatigue was the constant challenge posed by Kaiser, who seemed determined to dispossess her of the ball whenever possible. Keeping pace with him proved challenging, a fact she openly acknowledged. After all, Kaiser had earned his reputation as the German prodigy.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?" Y/N responded, her eyelids fluttering open to meet Hiori's gaze, which held a hint of contemplation as he regarded her thoughtfully, his expression betraying a sense of introspection.

"why do you play football?"

The question resurfaced in her mind, prompting a chuckle as she tilted her head to the side, a puzzled expression adorning her features. "Where did that come from all of a sudden?" she wondered aloud, her curiosity evident in her tone.

"Hmm, I just realized I never asked how you got into football," Hiori admitted, scratching his neck. "But if you don't feel like sharing, that's okay too."

"Absolutely," Y/N replied with a smile. "So, when I was about five years old, my older brother was seven. And, as you know, Ego Jinpachi is my uncle... Oh, before I go on, there's something I wanted to mention..."

"You're fine, Y/N. None of us are thinking what you're worried we might be. We're all familiar with how Ego thinks, and we recognize your immense talent, so none of us had those thoughts.", Hiori assured her quickly, recalling when Kaiser exposed that in front of everyone.

She smiled gratefully, "I'm really lucky to have you guys... So, going back to my story, when I was five, he visited us and taught my brother all about football, hoping he'd pick it up and become skilled. My brother got super excited about it and caught on fast. But my parents didn't like the idea. They wanted him to focus on singing since he was into music and instruments..."

"So, my parents were adamant about my brother and me not playing any sports. Their reasoning for me was that girls shouldn't be involved in such activities and that I should behave more traditionally feminine. And, well, I complied with that until I was around six years old and witnessed Itoshi Sae playing football."