#impressed

"KUNIGAMI-KUN!",Y/N's voice cut through the air, carrying a mix of determination and apprehension as she closed the distance between them

"KUNIGAMI-KUN!",
Y/N's voice cut through the air, carrying a mix of determination and apprehension as she closed the distance between them. In her hand, she clutched the pen she kept ever since their exchange in the cafeteria days ago. Despite numerous attempts to return it, fate seemed to conspire against her, with Kunigami persistently evading her, slipping away after their training sessions like a shadow in the night.

Y/N couldn't recall spotting him at dinner either. Perhaps he deliberately avoided it, just to avoid any interaction with her. The thought stoked the flames of frustration within her, especially knowing how tirelessly Kunigami trained to maintain his position at number 3. It only fueled her resentment further. Despite pouring her heart and soul into her own training, she remained entrenched at number 12. Yet, amidst the bitterness, there was a spark of pride in knowing she still outperformed Isagi, even if only by a slight margin.

Kunigami pivoted on his heel, his countenance as frosty as ever, as he observed Y/N approaching him with her trademark smile, a small object held out before him. "You left your pen behind!" she chirped, her voice laced with warmth despite his aloof demeanor. "I've been meaning to return it, but..." Her words trailed off, hanging in the air as she awaited his response, hoping to bridge the gap between them even if just for a moment.

"Annoying," he uttered, his tone devoid of warmth, before pivoting away from Y/N. "Return it after the match," he instructed briskly, leaving her to absorb his words, a mixture of frustration and resolve welling up inside her.

"But I know you'll vanish afterward," Y/N remarked, tilting her head in confusion at his behavior. "So why not just take it now?" she suggested, her tone tinged with a hint of frustration and perplexity.

As Kunigami strode purposefully to the opposite end of the field, Y/N's attempts to engage him went unnoticed, his focus solely on his warm-up routine. Exhaling heavily, Y/N watched in frustration as someone else, their presence announced by the familiar scent of cologne and sweat, snatched the pen from her grasp. "Looks like you're doling out autographs now? Anything to gain attention from males, huh?"

"Attention?" Y/N raised a brow, puzzled by the implication. "From males... Wait, are you insinuating I'm a whore without actually saying it?" she countered, her tone laced with a mix of incredulity and indignation.

Kaiser shrugged, his smirk as present as ever. "Someone who craves male attention... and someone who expects a knight in shining armor to come to their rescue with a handkerchief for their tears... Sounds like an attention seeker to me," he quipped, his words dripping with sarcasm.

Y/N scoffed and shook their head in disbelief. "Excuse me... what? If anything, you guys are practically drooling over me. I don't need to do anything to get your attention. And frankly, I don't even want it. All I want is attention when I'm on the field—that's it, Michael."

His eyes widened slightly, a flicker of surprise crossing his features as he swiftly turned around. Mumbling something indistinct, he briskly made his way toward the rest of the team gathered on the sidelines—the fortunate ones who hadn't been benched. Ness, observing from a distance, furrowed his brow in mild concern, noting the unusual expression on Kaiser's face. Completely unaware of the exchange between Kaiser and Y/N, he couldn't help but wonder what had transpired between them.